What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new Google User Interface for Mobile Devices

Do you like the new Google User Interface for Tablet Computers?

• I love it - a big improvement!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Awful - please give me back the old one!

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I can't see it yet!

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you know, it hasn't infected me yet......but from what I have seen I would rather stay as I am. That said, in a years time I will have completely forgotten about what it was like before the changes......or maybe an hours time as my memory isn't that good!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is that still bugging you Tim! I'm afraid with all these little changes going on around us, it seems we have no choice in the matter. I have a screen like Gabs so it hasn't affected me yet! Post a screen of yours Tim! So I can compare screens.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It only affects tablet computers - so are you doing this from your iPad or PC/Mac?

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It only affects tablet computers - so are you doing this from your iPad or PC/Mac?

Tim

Mine is on my iPad, they must be introducing it from the North!

The Archangel

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm really surprised that you don't see the new interface then. Must be a very selective roll out....

Tim

appleplusy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats the worst thing i wanted.

Although it works well in portrait mode, but in landscape mode, there is a lot of bugs and make it hard to use. Eg. Google homepage not loading properly. Search not displayed properly. In other words, they didnt optimised the landscape mode.

The new design only display 2-3 result without scrolling while the old one can display up to half the page. The old one is faster and more efficient.

Btw, if you have atomic web browser, you can change it to the old one by making google identify it as another browser.

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done the same too - though I use iCab. Bought the browser just to avoid having to be subjected to the new interface. It's probably OK for an iPhone, which has a really small screen, but for the iPad it's just not sensible. At least we should be given the choice.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I preferred the old version. Even if they wanted to streamline, I wouldn't have gone as far as they did.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess they've indeed implemented it. I prefer having as many results on a page as possible, for a quick and easy scroll though, but I can still live with it, or set Yahoo as my default search engine if I want to. I prefer the original Google interface, but I don't "hate" the new one. Therefore, no vote as my opinion is not an option on the poll.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally, I'm uncomfortable with the elimination of the "Cached" link. The amount of whitespace is also somewhat ominous. I do agree that a choice between the "classic" and newer version would have been preferable, at least in the short term. The layout sort of makes me wonder what Google has up it's sleeve but, I can't really say that I either love it or hate it.

As has been mentioned above, getting the old format back is only a matter of a couple of taps on several of the better browsers though. I'm going to leave it as is to see what they are up to. :)

Last edited:

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think what they should have done was give us the option of changing to the new, or staying with the old. I do not care for the new one at all!

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think what they should have done was give us the option of changing to the new, or staying with the old. I do not care for the new one at all!

This exactly. And while I was able to override it before, as of an hour ago I'm stuck to the new page.

Limited search results on one page, no ability to see cached pages, big weird unused space... No no no.

Again more forcing people into what they don't want.

Most reactions

Latest posts