What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini or Nexus 7

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you got your mini.

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad mini today also and its amazingly light and I think I'm in love. I can tell text isn't as clear my iPad 4 obviously but the weight of the mini is so so brilliant I don't care pulls I have excellent eyesight

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad mini arrived today and I'm very impressed

Got my iPad mini today also and its amazingly light and I think I'm in love. I can tell text isn't as clear my iPad 4 obviously but the weight of the mini is so so brilliant I don't care pulls I have excellent eyesight

Woohoo...congrats to you both for getting the mini!! :) have fun with it!

OP
marcandsebe

marcandsebe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second that! It will be hard to put it down.

I haven't put it down it yet. Been playing with the iPad all day and watched a movie on Netflix too. The sound is excellent as well. One happy Apple customer.

OneZeoN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well over here in the UK its a joke

IPad mini are hard to find and when they do magically appear idiots buy them to put on eBay and sell for way over the rrp :(
I've now bought a nexus 7 32gb as its way cheaper and double the memory

Wanted the mini but not paying almost DOUBLE the price of a nexus just for the sale of a few apps I'd like

Apple need to sort out a disgusting stick shortage asap.

In the apple store I was told "we don't take per orders and you will have to queue up outside the store everyday and how we get some delivered" great service....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OneZeoN said:

IPad mini are hard to find and when they do magically appear idiots buy them to put on eBay and sell for way over the rrp :(

Wanted the mini but not paying almost DOUBLE the price of a nexus just for the sale of a few apps I'd like

In the apple store I was told "we don't take per orders and you will have to queue up outside the store everyday and how we get some delivered" great service....

You could have tried ordering online and having it delivered.

Last edited:

Deanp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad mini. Other than the display, the iPad mini is better than Nexus 7. Tegra 3 is slightly slower than the A5, rear cameras, elegant design, 250,000 apps made JUST for iPad, better battery life. I would rather not brag anymore, just get the iPad mini and not the Nexus 7.

If you saw the Google IO back in June, you would had seen frame drops when they were testing a game on the Nexus 7.

D

titusc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the iPad Mini if you want a device that is thin and light to be carried around with you. Get something else if you want flexibility in working with card readers or widgets.

OP
marcandsebe

marcandsebe

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm in the UK and ordered my wifi and cellular with free engraving online in the Apple store. If you have an iTunes account, it's a simple process. It came 3 weeks later.

I wouldn't call them idiots, I would call them smart for making a profit.

There must be a reason they are selling so well. It can't be Apple fans buying them all. And how come the Nexus 7 and Kindle fire HD are easier to find if they are superior to the iPad mini?

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
marcandsebe said:
I'm in the UK and ordered my wifi and cellular with free engraving online in the Apple store. If you have an iTunes account, it's a simple process. It came 3 weeks later.

I wouldn't call them idiots, I would call them smart for making a profit.

There must be a reason they are selling so well. It can't be Apple fans buying them all. And how come the Nexus 7 and Kindle fire HD are easier to find if they are superior to the iPad mini?

Thank you marcandsebe for your comments in reply to the other member. You bring up excellent points!

Last edited:

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple iPad mini is a very hard to find item in many cities across the USA, as soon as they arrive they are bought. I feel if the larger iPads were a tough quality build, the minis are much harder quality build. Just a guess not something I know as a fact.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Apple iPad mini is a very hard to find item in many cities across the USA, as soon as they arrive they are bought. I feel if the larger iPads were a tough quality build, the minis are much harder quality build. Just a guess not something I know as a fact.

I was kinda shocked at how hard it was to find a cellular version at the local Best Buy. They had plenty of wifi models, though.

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was kinda shocked at how hard it was to find a cellular version at the local Best Buy. They had plenty of wifi models, though.

well you are one of the lucky ones, at my local Best Buy there are none at all. But I sure can understand why the cellular one are in such high demand. People want to replace their smaller phones with the larger iPad mini.

Most reactions

Latest posts