What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini News & Tweaks

Ipad Mini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys Just Wanted To Share With You Some News Let Me Know Your Input.

Read The Article On This Website Let Me Know What Your Opinion Is
Moderator edit: No external links, read the forum rules, please.

A look at Apple’s iPad mini specs page reveals a disparity between the location features on the Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi plus cellular models.

While the cellular iPad mini features GPS to track its location the WiFi only model lacks any GPS capability, unless you count the built-in compass app. Apple was more than happy to compare the iPad mini to competitors like Google’s Nexus 7 at Tuesday’s announcement event, saying that the 7.9-inch display gave it more screen real estate than its Android competitor. However, the Nexus 7, along with other competing tablets in the 7-inch range like Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 2, do enjoy built-in GPS in the Wi-Fi models.

Nexus 7 charting a course to compete

It’s nothing new for Apple to leave out GPS on its Wi-Fi only devices. Past iPad models, including the new iPad 4‘s Wi-Fi model, suffered from the same limitation. The feature is arguably more important with the shift to a smaller tablet like the iPad mini though, which is easier to bring along in the car and potentially use as a GPS device.

Of course the cellular iPad mini, which also adds LTE support, still includes built-in GPS.
However, the feature may come into consideration when comparing the $ 249 (UK£199,AU$ 299) 16GB Wi-Fi Nexus 7 against the $ 329 (UK£269,AU$ 369) 16GB WiFi iPad mini this holiday season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treborray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel like the iPad Mini is going to do big numbers... It's portability factor alone makes it a winner if you ask me.

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the iPad mini going to be perfect for when traveling around

Most reactions