What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini 2 May Release Next Year After iPad 5

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
hires-iPad-5-ipad-2-shells-1024x544.png
There have been tons of rumors flying around the iPad Mini 2 and iPad 5 since Apple's latest iPhone event. The iPad 5 is expected to take on the design of the iPad Mini and of course come with various annual hardware upgrades. All of that while the iPad Mini 2 is expected have upgraded hardware and one thing we've all been missing; a Retina display.

In a new report from market research firm IHS iSuppi, the iPad 5 is headed for an October launch, as expected, while the iPad Mini 2 could be delayed until early 2014.

Via CNET:

“While Apple’s iPad 5 looks to be on schedule for an October release, that’s not the case for the Retina version of the Mini, according to Rhoda Alexander, director of Tablet and Monitor Research at IHS iSuppli.
“The Retina Mini looks less certain for that time. Manufacturing volumes on that would match better with a Q114 [first quarter 2014] launch,†she told CNET.
Though she quickly qualified that saying, “But given that it’s Apple, one never knows†— meaning that Apple could announce a product but not necessarily ship it at the same time as the iPad 5.â€
The delay of the iPad Mini 2 is likely caused buy low volumes of the Retina display itself. Recent rumors claim that the big Apple iPad event will be hosted on Tuesday, October 15th, where both devices and release dates will be unveiled.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man first they say it's going to be released late 2013 than early 2014 than right back to late 2013 now they're going back to early 2014? Make up your fricking minds people!!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So there may be a new mini before the Retina mini also.

Wow.....more decisions for many to be made!

Just glad the 5 is still slated to arrive soon!

iCloud9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my new iPad, thank God I don't have to wait for these ones to come out.

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have my iPad 4G and I don't think it will be any big difference between 4 and 5 ! Maybe just the colour! Happy with my 4 :D

cherime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was waiting for iPad mini retina to be here in a couple of weeks. With the Nexus 7 2013 around it's too much time between cycles.

Most reactions