What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad makes a good flashlight!!!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as the continual saga of Oklahoma weather was on the news again, my power went out. Normally very reliable, it has suffered through the soggy day. So now, I am without lights, TV, AC, and wifi. Luckily for me, I can get to my flashlight with my iPad, listen to music with the iPod function, surf the internet with 3G, or play games, or read a book. This is a good example of a few of the ways the iPad is useful. Now if I had a battery powered CPAP, I could get a good night rest. Especially if my AC had backup.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This makes a good case for having the HyperMac Battery Booster for your iPad which will give you 34 to 99 hours of extended time depending on which model you get.

What if you only had 20% battery life left when the power went out? From what I have read Apple does not recommend leaving the iPad in the charger constantly when no in use.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a program on my windows mobile phone called torchlight that allowed you to turn on the flash from the camera. It was very bright - I used it quite a bit. The iPad is a bit awkward.

Most reactions

Latest posts