What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad Mail App issue

barryid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPad 2. When I engage the mail app, the window opens and blinks closed almost immediately. I have reset the IPad and I have double tapped and closed all the apps that appears. Now I need more help, please.

dkd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping you got an answer. This just started happening on my mini 4 & my iphone 7. Running 11.4 & 11.3 respectively. This open and close happens on Weather Bug and Mail.
I don't have an answer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is sometime caused if a there is a corrupted email, and usually only if it's being displayed. The easiest way to deal with it is to go to your email account via a web browser and delete or move suspected emails. If it's an Apple email account you can go to icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. For other accounts use their web based email. Most have the option.

dkd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is sometime caused if a there is a corrupted email, and usually only if it's being displayed. The easiest way to deal with it is to go to your email account via a web browser and delete or move suspected emails. If it's an Apple email account you can go to icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. For other accounts use their web based email. Most have the option.
Thanks.
I deleted both my email accounts from my iphone and my ipad. Nothing in email (hotmail & road runner) is corrupted. The software would catch it. Junk/spam was checked and is checked every day. Nothing stays in there more than 24 hours. Deleted files are dumped when I log off. The same problem with opening then immediately closing happens with both WeatherBug and with email. It's likely an apple problem. Advice?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was hoping you got an answer. This just started happening on my mini 4 & my iphone 7. Running 11.4 & 11.3 respectively. This open and close happens on Weather Bug and Mail.
I don't have an answer.
You could try updating your devices to the latest operating system, ie iPad 15.6 and iOS 15.6.

dkd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an answer.
You could try updating your devices to the latest operating system, ie iPad 15.6 and iOS 15.6.
The most recent "updates" will not install on my hardware. Willing to buy me new hardware? I really don't need new hardware so don't think about it. ;-]

Most reactions

Latest posts