What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Keyboard Dock

brohism

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So most likely I'll be buying the keyboard dock when I get an iPad. It'll be perfect for classes, and will negate the need for a netbook. Who else is planning on buying one, and are there any specs available on it (power source, weight, portability/foldability, etc.)?

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ill be getting one just to make it easy on my self. I cant imagen typing on the screen(if its an option). I usually press other button when thats the case.

AHMBE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill be getting one just to make it easy on my self. I cant imagen typing on the screen(if its an option). I usually press other button when thats the case.

The dock and case are on Apple's web page now

scotty frank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree it would make taking notes in class a lot easier for me. Not to mention how much easier it will be to carry around than my huge honkin ASUS.

Varking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is actually a really smart design and it looks good. Like I do with any accessories, I will wait to see others reviews on how they like it before I order any.

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've posted this on several other iPad threads, but I use a wireless keyboard with my iMac, and read that I will be able to use it with the iPad. It runs forever on just a few small batteries and, obviously, doesn't have to be plugged in, as I think the Keyboard dock does. I am thinking I can use it to take minutes at a board I am secretary for, and envision having the 2 devices in a messenger bag like thing. The case demo'ed at the intro, could be folded so as to have the iPad tilt up at a slight angle, and my wireless keyboard will sit below it, and no extension cords required! I paid about $75 for the wireless keypad about 3 years ago.

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Keyboard accessory looks great, but I'm not sure I need it. I don't want to carry to many extra things when I go out, and I got my Mac Pro at home. If I were a touch typist I might think differently but I type like crap on a real keyboard and I'll type just as crappy on the on screen keyboard.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will wait to see how well the native input is before ordering this.

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw mention of a dock a few weeks ago, that allowed for both vertical and horizontal placement, that also had a USB plug in the front as well as a small phono plug (for headset or speaker?). I put my name on their list to notify me when it was available, but have not heard back from them. Seems like it was from a company called Sleek Designs.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the keyboard dock and really like it. I did my little review on it on Saturday. Search and you should find it. Others also chimed in with their impressions.

The portability factor is something you will need to judge for yourself. The back support for the iPad does not collapse, but depending on how you pack and the size if your bag this may not be an issue. I never measured it, but the back support actually is shorter than I expected.

I also found it very sturdy and substantial so i would have no problem traveling with it.

I definitely like mine, my wife also got one for her iPad and we are very pleased with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts