What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad keeps crashing!

hscsusiq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just this PM my iPad retina keeps crashing. Minutes after opening. Closed all apps. Did restart, hard start, Still crashing. just now the notice for iOS 7.0.4 came up and every time (lots) I try to download it has an error notice. Would you recommend wiping and restoring then downloading from the cloud? Thanks!

OP
H

hscsusiq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's stopped after I cleared the internet data. Must have been that. Still won't download iOS 7.0.4, maybe later.

ethanjeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having trouble with multiple crashes, especially when using Safari. I went to the Apple website and under Apple Support
Communities there are numerous discussions involving "low memory crashes", "iOS7 crashes", iPad Air crashes" etc. I was
hoping the new iOS 7.0.4 released today would help, but it did not. I'm thinking of returning mine.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest before any one complains about crashes please down load 7.04. Then do a quick restore. Once this is done then report back. It become like a broken record saying please install iOS. 7.04. Thank you

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is my suggestion..... However like a doctor we need to know what you did when you purchased your iPad air. Is it a clean first time iPad or did you restore your world from a previous iPad... If so what model and how many apps ....plus are the apps you imported upgraded to ios7 yet. We are here to assist but need more info... Many thanks Colin

ethanjeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased iPad Air on release date, 64G wifi only. Set up as new, did not do a restore. I mostly use Safari for searching the internet. Also use it for reading and checking email. I have 83 apps(including those that Apple preinstalled), 3 songs and 12 photos. I did not go into each app to see if upgraded to iOS7 since my trouble is mostly with Safari. Currently, there is 40.0G available. I have done everything suggested at all the discussion forums: reset all, erase all, erase history, clear cookies and data then turn off/on, turned off iCloud, app refresh, notifications, spotlight search and anything else suggested. Upgraded to 7.0.4 yesterday....same trouble. When I look at the diagnostics probably 90% of the incidents are showing "LowMemory". Anything more you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. My window to return the iPad is closing.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I purchased iPad Air on release date, 64G wifi only. Set up as new, did not do a restore. I mostly use Safari for searching the internet. Also use it for reading and checking email. I have 83 apps(including those that Apple preinstalled), 3 songs and 12 photos. I did not go into each app to see if upgraded to iOS7 since my trouble is mostly with Safari. Currently, there is 40.0G available. I have done everything suggested at all the discussion forums: reset all, erase all, erase history, clear cookies and data then turn off/on, turned off iCloud, app refresh, notifications, spotlight search and anything else suggested. Upgraded to 7.0.4 yesterday....same trouble. When I look at the diagnostics probably 90% of the incidents are showing "LowMemory". Anything more you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. My window to return the iPad is closing.

Honestly, I would exchange it for another one. Nothing you are doing would cause any of these issues.

OP
H

hscsusiq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP here. Started crashing again. iOS 7 update installed fine. Hard starts don't help. May have to take it to A store or Wipe it.

OP
H

hscsusiq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP: Crashed 5 times writing this,
Sometimes a grey screen descends first other times just goes black.

OP
H

hscsusiq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried reset, wipe all. Crashed multiple times. Won't reset, erase, can't turn off find my iPad.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you do a full erase all content and settings since that's what Apple would do with a full wipe as you put it?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP here. Started crashing again. iOS 7 update installed fine. Hard starts don't help. May have to take it to A store or Wipe it.
OP: Crashed 5 times writing this, Sometimes a grey screen descends first other times just goes black.
Tried reset, wipe all. Crashed multiple times. Won't reset, erase, can't turn off find my iPad.
Writing in increments before it crashes
Can you do a full erase all content and settings since that's what Apple would do with a full wipe as you put it?

It's time to visit the Apple Store and get this resolved.

OP
H

hscsusiq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes! Made a late call to Apple Tech. They ran through it with me, between crashes. Not a software problem. Went in and got a new one! Apple care.
While I was there they gave my son a new one with iOS6 on it (older iPad). He'd cracked his screen over the edge bezel, but iPad worked Fine. his cost $49 since it was an older iPad.
THANKS to you al! You're all so very kind!

Most reactions

Latest posts