What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad isn't recognized, won't boot

TheBigBroski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I jailbroke my iPad using redsn0w. I had to reboot today, and when I tried to boot up, the redsn0w process got stuck on Uploading First Stage. I googled solutions, nothing reasonable, so I decided to do a restore via Itunes. Itunes did recognize the device, however it said that:
The device appears to be in recovery mode, and must be recovered. Therefore I pressed recover, and itunes downloaded a software update for my iPad. Everything went great until it didn't do anything after the software update, and all of a sudden Windows says there is an error:
Your device is not recognized. I look up the device on Windows, and it's an
"Unknown device". Itunes doesn't recognize it.
HELP!
EDIT:
Nevermind. I un-installed iTunes, which was causing the device recognition problems. Re-installed, and I'm currently restoring the iPad.
Weird. But it worked.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you share with us .
I know I had a similar problem when upgrading to 4.2.1
Only when I moved my iPAD to another Computer with another iTune, It started to be recognized, and finished the JOB.
You seemed to have a similar problem, that was solved with a new iTune installation on the same computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts