What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is disabled

manobrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, everybody.
I lent my ipad to a friend, and he gave me back now, but when I turn it on, appear the following message on screen:
iPad is disabled
connect do iTunes
I connect him to iTunes, but on it, show me that cannot connect to iPad "myiPad" because is blocked by code. You must enter the access code on the iPad before you can use it with iTunes.
In the iPad has no where the enter anybody because is locked.
Already reseted and reboot him a few times.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, everybody.
I lent my ipad to a friend, and he gave me back now, but when I turn it on, appear the following message on screen:
iPad is disabled
connect do iTunes
I connect him to iTunes, but on it, show me that cannot connect to iPad "myiPad" because is blocked by code. You must enter the access code on the iPad before you can use it with iTunes.
In the iPad has no where the enter anybody because is locked.
Already reseted and reboot him a few times.

It appears your "friend" set the passcode on your iPad and then gave it back to you.

Only way I know of to unlock it is to get him to tell you what the code is.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you can't get the code, call Apple Support. They will probably tell you that you have to restore the iPad, but maybe not. Worth a try.

If all your stuff is in you iTunes library on your computer, you probably won't lose anything when restoring, just wait through a long long sync. Otherwise, start looking around for where else you stashed your media, because you're going to have to add it again manually.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or is it your ipad? Did you put a lock code on it and he tried to get into it and froze it.
This comes up when a passcode has been entered incorrectly too many times. So you get locked out and have to restore by plugging into the SAME itunes that the ipad was set up on.. so if its your ipad you should have the computer that will unlock it. If he set up the passcode and you locked out of it you're probably stuck!

OP
M

manobrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to call the Apple Support and did a restore of the iPad, it worked.
Thanks for help.

Most reactions

Latest posts