What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Disabled

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This Saturday I was reading in my iPad 2, I paused and when I tried again to start to read the iPad aske for the password which I entered, however, the iPad did not recognized the password and I know that I entered correctly. I tried again twice and it gave me a blue screen with the message "iPad is disabled wait 15 minutes and try again", I did it, but it gave the same message, but this time it said 60 minutes??

I waited but when I tried the message read "iPad is disabled connect to iTunes"

I am trying to connect to iTunes through my laptop to iTunes but I can not see the iPad in my laptop iTunes.

How this could be corrected?

Does any one here had this issue?

Any help?

Thank you

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - just for starters, 'Reset' the iPad (directions below if unfamiliar w/ the procedure) - post back your results, please - Dave :)

Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
boriken55

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank, I did that, but still disabled?

OP
boriken55

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have a question, Why this happen?, I know the password, I use my iPad in my business, therefore I enter the password more than 5 times every day. I am surprise that the iPad does not recognize the password when it is the correct one ??

OP
boriken55

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I posted twice

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It may be an iOS 7 related bug. I've had my restrictions password changing on me twice out of nowhere (no one else knows my password nor has anyone other than me had actual access to the device). There have been other reports of the same happening initially when 7 was released but it's died down a bit. May just be a hiccup, but if it's on a larger scale, it'll definitely need some attention from Apple

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

OP
boriken55

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I have succeed to able my iPad, my issue now is that the system asking for my password, the situation is that when I enter the correct password the iPad do not recognized my password, I already did entered two times, if I do it again my iPad will be disable again.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way I know is to restore your iPad. If you have a backup without the passcode, you can use it to set up your device. Otherwise you will have to set it up as new, without backup.

This will show you how to restore your iPad (just in case you don't know): http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

OP
boriken55

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Johanna for your help.

The thing is that I need to go to iCloud Settings in the iPad and that is the issue, I can not do anything without the password, and I know that I am using the correct password, but the iPad, for some reason,does not recognized it.

I use the iPad for my office and if I do not repair this I will be in dire necessity to buy another one and that will be a burden in this economy?

best regards

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you, at any time in the past, changed your password? If so, maybe your iPad thinks an old password is the current one. In that case, try your old password to see if it works.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Johanna for your help. The thing is that I need to go to iCloud Settings in the iPad and that is the issue, I can not do anything without the password, and I know that I am using the correct password, but the iPad, for some reason,does not recognized it. I use the iPad for my office and if I do not repair this I will be in dire necessity to buy another one and that will be a burden in this economy? best regards
If "Find my iPad" is the reason for the necessity to access your iCloud settings: your device can be removed from that feature through icloud.com on a computer. Before you do this, turn off your iPad: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2702

Then you should be able to restore your device and set it up as new.

Last edited:
OP
boriken55

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please, I have not resolve the issue, I tried everything even completely erase my iPad without any success. I erased from iCloud find my ipad, now I do not have the iPad there anymore.

If I created the issue I could understand, but I know that I entered the correct password, why the ipad did not recognize the same.

OP
boriken55

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already had success in erased everything through recovery mode. Thank you every one for your help and support.

Now I have this question, how can I download all my apps, books and docs that I had in my Ipad. I did some back up in iCloud and itunes, I also need to download all the books and docs that I have in iBook.

Any suggestion.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I already had success in erased everything through recovery mode. Thank you every one for your help and support. Now I have this question, how can I download all my apps, books and docs that I had in my Ipad. I did some back up in iCloud and itunes, I also need to download all the books and docs that I have in iBook. Any suggestion.
You will find the apps in App Store - Purchased, the books in iBooks Store - Purchased (if you purchased them there).

Most reactions

Latest posts