What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad in Use At Approximately 50 percent of Fortune 100 Companies

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

AppleInsider reports today that Apple Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook said during Tuesday evening's quarterly earnings conference call that over 80 percent of Fortune 100 companies are using the iPhone, and approximately 50 percent of Fortune 100 companies are either using or testing the iPad.

AppleInsider poses the question, what are these companies using the iPad for? Apparently the Apple execs weren't giving too many clues, but really we only have to glance back at the news stories that have appeared in the last few months to find the answer, with the likes of Wells Fargo, to name just one, announcing that it was using iPads to demo products at its invester conferences.

AppleInsider says that Wells Fargo made the decision to use iPads within just two weeks, in contrast to the iPhone, which it mulled over using for two years before making the final decision. Wells Fargo initially bought just 15 iPads, but now says that it has invested in considerably more.

Mercedes-Benz and SAP are just two more of many Fortune 100 companies to recently announce that they were using iPads in their businesses, with SAP even developing its own app to enable managers to approve order shipping.

Source: AppleInsider

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those figures sound dubious to me. I work for a Fortune 50 (fifty) company and only one person is issued an iPhone: the CEO (a privilege of rank, I suppose). I bet most of the iPads are being demo'd, not widely issued for use in the ordinary course. If that counts as being "used" by a big corporation—well, so be it, but that's hardly the widespread adoption that the article suggests.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of these companies are big enough that there will be a few positions that have a need for such an item. While they may take time to be adopted, since most companies are conservative in nature, it is not a surprise that they are being tried out. A friend who is IT for a firm, would have bought a bunch of them for salesmen last year if he had known they were coming out. I just attended a charge card training where the iPad is specifically mentioned as an approved purchase with the usual caviates.

locus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for a 500 company one of the top 3 and no iPhone or iPad in use or testing, I have a good contact in the IT department and he told me very unlikely you will ever see an iphone or iPad in use in the company, to many issues to bother with, for me the iphone is no big deal other phones are better but the iPad I could use at work, to bad.

Most reactions