What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad help

frank12081

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm very new to iPad. I'd like to know a couple of things.
1. In Skype, how do I find the tools section, I wish to know how to delete old messages, sms's etc.
2. In gmail how can I set up for "chat", live chat to my friends logged onto gmail. I do it all the time by PC
Thanks for any help you can give me. Frank

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
You might be better to post those questions in the Help section, where I think you'll receive better attention.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is a Google app in the App Store. It is free. For the most part it is just a the search engine and a collection link to most of Google's different web pages, mobile when available, but it does put them all in one place and open them in Safari for you. Once there you can always create a book mark in Safari for quicker access.

There are probably apps in the store that are dedicated to Google talk, and they may offer more features. Try searching the App Store. I can't give you any advice on them. I'm not much for chat, and don't use Google's version at all.

OP
F

frank12081

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I bought the iPad 2, with 16gb. I would recommend the 32gb version at $100 more.

OP
F

frank12081

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure about 3G you probably understand that better than me, but usually the more the better, if it's worth the price. You can go on and on, and newer stuff out next year.

leandra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frank12081 said:
Hi folks, I'm very new to iPad. I'd like to know a couple of things.
1. In Skype, how do I find the tools section, I wish to know how to delete old messages, sms's etc.
2. In gmail how can I set up for "chat", live chat to my friends logged onto gmail. I do it all the time by PC
Thanks for any help you can give me. Frank

In Skype how do you delete messages

OP
F

frank12081

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leandra said:
In Skype how do you delete messages

On iPad Skype first use in landscape mode touch on contact, touch on edit, touch name of contact, a "no entry" sign will appear, delete the contact name. Then tap "history" on left hand side. The history will appear on right hand side, swipe last comment from right hand side towards left Han side and then tap delete.

Most reactions

Latest posts