What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Releases iOS 10.3.1 Update

Marlb10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah now the question - My iPhone 7 plus and iPhone 5 both are updated to 10.3.1, the first 2 weeks were very smooth as I said earlier that my iPhone is running very smoothly and this update is glitch free and all, untill last few weeks, when apps like Snapchat, iMessages, and Photos library folder started to crash.

I feel my iPhone 7 plus is underperforming, I am facing some speed issues here.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah now the question - My iPhone 7 plus and iPhone 5 both are updated to 10.3.1, the first 2 weeks were very smooth as I said earlier that my iPhone is running very smoothly and this update is glitch free and all, untill last few weeks, when apps like Snapchat, iMessages, and Photos library folder started to crash.

I feel my iPhone 7 plus is underperforming, I am facing some speed issues here.

Hi again and thanks for the information - for starters and if not already done, try a RESET (i.e. hold both HOME & ON-OFF buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - may take 10 sec or so - then release and allow your device to reboot) - let us know if this helps. Also, this was originally posted in the Apple iPad News forum, kind of a FYI site - next time I would suggest starting your own thread in an appropriate forum - you'll likely receive more attention. Dave :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again and thanks for the information - for starters and if not already done, try a RESET (i.e. hold both HOME & ON-OFF buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - may take 10 sec or so - then release and allow your device to reboot) - let us know if this helps. Also, this was originally posted in the Apple iPad News forum, kind of a FYI site - next time I would suggest starting your own thread in an appropriate forum - you'll likely receive more attention. Dave :)

Please ignore my RESET instructions for your iPhone 7 - my wife has an iPhone 6 and after I do updates/upgrades I always perform a reset using the method described previously; apparently Apple has change the process for the new iPhone, i.e. "Press and hold down the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone 7 while still holding down the On/Off button. Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds" - sorry for any confusion, my ignorance of the changed made - Dave :)

Marlb10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please ignore my RESET instructions for your iPhone 7 - my wife has an iPhone 6 and after I do updates/upgrades I always perform a reset using the method described previously; apparently Apple has change the process for the new iPhone, i.e. "Press and hold down the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone 7 while still holding down the On/Off button. Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds" - sorry for any confusion, my ignorance of the changed made - Dave :)

Yes I did a reset. It was slow but after like 2 to 3 days it got back to normal. I don't know what was causing speed issue, capacity is 128gb and I am not even half way there. Some apps updates and then it went all laggy!

All good now. Thanks!

Yeah definitely will post a new thread for issues like these. Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

It's the new home button's fault. Since there's no physical switch (just some pressure sensitivity that requires the device to already be on), all new devices with the new taptic home button use the new Reset button combo.

Marlb10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's the new home button's fault. Since there's no physical switch (just some pressure sensitivity that requires the device to already be on), all new devices with the new taptic home button use the new Reset button combo.

Yes and its actually good. Same goes for the screenshot thingy, but for that I have turned on my assistive touch. With assisitive touch on, iphone is very handy!

Marlb10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw, the new iPad which is out, the Pro version with 10.5 inch of screen. Does that have the same new iPhone sensor button?

Most reactions

Latest posts