What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1.1 Released

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iOS_5_1_1.JPG

MacRumors reports that Apple has just released iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The update primarily fixes some bugs and has some small improvements, including the following, courtesy of Apple:

- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase

The new update is compatible with the third-generation iPad, iPad 2 and original iPad, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, as well as the iPod touch fourth-generation and third-generation. The update is available either as an over-the-air update, or via iTunes or Apple’s website.

As AppleInsider notes, this is the first update since March, and isn’t quite as exciting as that one, which added Japanese support for Siri and a new way to access the iPhone’s Camera via the quick lock screen.

Source: Apple Releases iOS 5.1.1 with HDR, AirPlay, and Safari Syncing Bug Fixes - Mac Rumors
Apple releases iOS 5.1.1 with fixes for HDR photos, AirPlay video

Xploit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They sort of patched the mobile safari exploit where a website could use Javascript to display a spoofed web address into the address bar. All it does it shows a blank description in the address bar when spoofed. Hardly a worthwhile patch for that issue.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was seeing the "Unable to purchase"alert. It happened for App updates as well as when I purchased a new App.

Goldnpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5.1.1 issues

iPad 3 ...updated today...now have screen locked and cannot rotate.....cannot un select "lock rotation" in settings.....kinda annoying....any thoughts???

ChristianPerello

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goldnpaw said:
iPad 3 ...updated today...now have screen locked and cannot rotate.....cannot un select "lock rotation" in settings.....kinda annoying....any thoughts???

Call apple support. Because it is working just fine.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Feleyra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated early today and since then i am now having trouble with "touching" ..... If i tap something, i am now having to do it two or three times before it takes .... Hate this update.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Feleyra said:
I updated early today and since then i am now having trouble with "touching" ..... If i tap something, i am now having to do it two or three times before it takes .... Hate this update.

Weird. It made my ipad more responsive.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent had any prolems since the update, however updating was not straight foreward, had 2 error messages, but then the update down loaded and nothing to report

RIP Steve Jobs 

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Done on both devices ;)

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

Most reactions