What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Freezes Randomly and Reboots

Pazuzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wtfcinema.com
Ok, I've searched the forums and can't find a solution... I could just be retarded... But anyway...

About a month ago.. My Jailbroken ipad 3 (iOS 7.0.4) randomly will freeze.. Sometimes while using an App.. Other times.. Just on the home screen..

Now it's happening more and more... It will freeze (completely unresponsive) and after a few minutes... It will reboot ... Then it will be fine for a little bit and then do it again...

Now I just hold the home button and power button to shut it down right after it freezes.. Instead of waiting the couple minutes (to save time and I'm impatient, lol)... I don't want to restore and lose my jailbreak..

And I deleted All but 6-7 tweaks.. That I've had for a loooong time... I even erased apps and content in case it was a memory issue (which I doubted, but did it anyway).

Also, even if I force close every app after I close out of it (in case of RAM or something... It STILL does it...

Any suggestions :(

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Install AppInfo from Cydia, and export the entire list of items to your email, then paste the list in a post here.

Additionally, open up Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostics & Usage Data, and see if you can find a crash log during the times when your device crashes/reboots. i.e. Twitterrific_2014-05-13-095802.plist. This means that Twitterrific crashed on May 13th, 2014, at 09:58:02 in accordance to your device's time. If you do see some that matches with the freeze/crash/reboot times that you've been experience note the name of the crash log plist and see if it repeats. LowMemory is negligible, but if those are the ones that corresponds with your crash/reboot timestamp, that means your RAM/processor is being overloaded by something, and you may need to use MobileTerminal to kill the process.

For the crash logs in Diagnostics & Usage, you can take a screen capture of it and post it here if that's more convenient so that you don't have to root through it all by yourself if you're not sure what to entirely look for.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts