What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Freezing/Resetting on Startup. Unable to Restore.

Quiggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some months ago my iPad 1 had started freezing and then rebooting over and over, making it impossible to restore or reset or anything. I just pulled it out last night and am trying to fix it once again, but I can't find anything online that will help.

I'm using an untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak. There have been a few times that it won't freeze on the startup after leaving it alone for a long while, but when this rare event does occur it can't connect to my router, and if I open an app it often will become stuck on it, meaning I need to hard reset it and the loop starts all over of freezing/rebooting. I've also tried going to Settings and resetting the network settings, as well as both of the resets at the top where one resets all settings and the other resets them and erases all data. All these do is just make the iPad reset, without having changed or reset any settings.

I've tried plugging it into my computer (Tried this with all of it's USB ports, as well as all of them on another computer) and using a copy of the 5.0.1 firmware (I've redownloaded the file several times to insure it wasn't a corrupt download) to reset it, and as soon as I try to reset it it causes the iPad to reset itself, thus disconnecting from the computer and stopping the restore process. I've tried putting it in restore mode or w/e where it shows the iTunes logo and I still receive the same results.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? The only thing I can think of would be to SSH into it with my computer and change something, but I wouldn't know where to begin with that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
Q

Quiggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do with this and let you know how it goes. Thank you very much for replying, I'm at the point where I don't know what else to do other than throw it away =X...

Most reactions

Latest posts