What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad forum app not working

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a time I gave up seeking help on iPad forum because I could no longer get into it.

I now realise I can get in via Safari.

There is a IPF icon on my screen. When I tap it it tells me Parse Error, and whether I tap OK or Report a thingie just goes round and round forever. I removed the app and reinstalled it but it is just the same.

Now I know how to get in anyway it is not indispensable to have the screen icon, not worth a great deal of trouble for, but still...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPF app stopped working when the forum software was upgraded last summer. It seems that it won't be possible to use it again to access iPF.

If you prefer using an app, download Tapatalk.

OP
evennewerbie

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK thx, that solves that mystery. I already have tapatalk which I had used for another forum and found it pointles - that and this forum I find a lot less readable and navigable via Tapatalk, but maybe it is useful for storing passwords of infrequently visited forums, or maybe useful for other mobile devices? :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you haven not used Tapatalk recently I recommend giving it another try. The Pro version has been discontinued and most of the features rolled into the free version. While more complicated to use than the iPF app was, there are also more features. Once you get used to it, you may decide you like it better.

That said, when I'm near the computer I prefer the website, and sometimes even when I'm on the iPhone and iPad. It all depends on my mood.

On the other hand, when the website is slow (not often these days) Tapatalk is almost always still fast; especially on cellular.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now, Tapatalk is the best way to access the forum through an app. Like any app, there's a learning curve to master it's features. Tapatalk would be very useful to those who subscribe to multiple forums, saving the bother of going to each one individually.
I usually access the forum through Safari and have a homescreen bookmark for the forum, it looks just like the old app icon.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use chrome on iOS to access the forum...I find Xenforo is already responsive enough without having to use 3rd party software....even with ALL the ads.

From a user standpoint tapatalk is a great way to keep all your forums together in one place. But from a website owners standpoint tapatalk has its cons such as tapatalk will show the user other similar forums to yours....so basically it's showing your members the competition for your forum.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that is correct. I monitor 4 of our forums using taps talk plus look at 6 more for research. It makes life easy. I may be biased being an administrator but I have found our forums more informative.

Most reactions

Latest posts