What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Facebook App is Finally Here!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm missing out on something, but isn't there supposed to be a chat function with FB? Albeit I havn't delved into the very core of the app, but I sure as H can't find any...

Want chat capability: how then?

//Stefan 
It's completely unintuitive (at least to me) but to access FaceBook's chat feature, hold the iPad in landscape mode, tap on the activity button (top left-hand corner) and tap on "News Feed". The chat feature will appear as a column on the right-hand side of the screen.

IMG_0076.PNG

IMG_0075.PNG

Last edited:

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, Rich! 

Can't imagine how I could've missed that, seeing as it was that easy! 

OMG... Some one at FB really have a flare for easter eggs, eh? That was anything but intuitive, methinks!

//Stefan 

rubikfermill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed it and can't find it anywhere in my iPad 2. I looked for it in my settings it's there but I couldn't find the widget.. Tried the search tab, it shows up but when I tap it nothing happens. I have also deleted FaceForward from Cydia but no luck. Help!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rubikfermill said:
I restarted my iPad and found the widget. It works fine now! Thanks!

Mine did the same thing, but it just showed up an hour and a half later on it's own. Very strange

HoJo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it and it is working just fine for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts