What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Facebook App is Finally Here!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai said:
Yes thanks I know. I even watched it start to download, but it has just gone. Very weird

Update: it's just now appeared out of nowhere. Don't know how, what, where or when and why, just glad it's back

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
miket5au said:
Sorry, not trying to teach you how to suck eggs :) Just noting that it worked for me in Canberra.

Sometimes syncing with iTunes will restore / resuscitate the missing application. iTunes will download it on the PC and hopefully it will then appear on the iPad.

Okay all good now, thanks for your help. Just a glitch I guess. That's never happened before though. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks again!!

blakeich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have downloaded the new Facebook app for iPad and I think it's great. So simple to use and I've never had any problems.

Arcsylver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the app and it works great. Solved a major problem for my partner and I since we share our ipad 2.. Multiple accounts on one app without a major hassle!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marie - thanks for the laugh!

Yes, the app looks nice and I can see how it'll be easier to navigate.

But.

I'm just posting to whine. Why, oh why, does the font have to be so small - with no way, that I can tell, to increase it?!?!!! I'm old, with old eyes, so this really doesn't work for me.

The worst is that I was using the iPhone app, which did allow me to increase the font size. But, when "they" released the iPad app, they also changed the iPhone app (made it a universal app). Grrrrrrrr.

Anyone see anything in this app on how to increase the text size? I've looked all over it (and in the Settings app); nothing. And, you can't double tap to zoom, nor pinch to zoom. I almost have to hold the durn thing near my nose...

Sigh.

Marilyn

/rant & whine...

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone see anything in this app on how to increase the text size? I've looked all over it (and in the Settings app); nothing. And, you can't double tap to zoom, nor pinch to zoom. I almost have to hold the durn thing near my nose...

Sigh.

Marilyn

/rant & whine...
Well, it's a little awkward but this will work:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom > Zoom On

You can Zoom in on your FaceBook page (or anything else on the iPad) by double-tapping with three fingers. Initially when you do that it'll just zoom in a little bit. So what you have to do is double tap with three fingers and then hold. Sliding your three fingers up will zoom in as far as you'd like and sliding them down will zoom out. To move around the page once you're zoomed in just tap and hold with three fingers and slide them around on the screen.

It's not elegant, but it works!

It looks like this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any one have the earlier version with the faceforward tweak from cydia? Is this release the same thing but just official?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rich - you're right, it ain't purty (and it takes practice to get the movements right) - BUT - it does work.

Very ingenious thinking! And, I appreciate it.

Now, I'm going to try it on the IPF app - cause that's too small too!

Thanks!

Marilyn

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rich - you're right, it ain't purty (and it takes practice to get the movements right) - BUT - it does work.

Very ingenious thinking! And, I appreciate it.

Now, I'm going to try it on the IPF app - cause that's too small too!

Thanks!

Marilyn
My pleasure! It'll work on our iPF App as well.

I added a little demo video to my earlier post for those that follow. I also added a post to our handy iPad Tips and Tricks thread.

Enjoy!

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm missing out on something, but isn't there supposed to be a chat function with FB? Albeit I havn't delved into the very core of the app, but I sure as H can't find any...

Want chat capability: how then?

//Stefan 

Most reactions

Latest posts