What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad doesn't switch on.

Mia1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello :) I hope someone can help me with my problem!
So I bought an Ipad 2 2 weeks ago and there wasn't any problem until today. The problem is that When I want to switch on my Ipad I only see a battery symbol.There is a charger , an arrow and a lightning bolt.Then, the display is switched off.When I switch on my Ipad again the same happens.The charging doesn't help me to get rid off this problem, I've charged my Ipad for 10, for 20 minutes but no other reaction.And if I push both, the swichting on/off button and the home button , it's again the same.
:(It's really annoying 'cause I don't understand why this problem has happened. I hope I'll get answers soon.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello :) I hope someone can help me with my problem!
So I bought an Ipad 2 2 weeks ago and there wasn't any problem until today. The problem is that When I want to switch on my Ipad I only see a battery symbol.There is a charger , an arrow and a lightning bolt.Then, the display is switched off.When I switch on my Ipad again the same happens.The charging doesn't help me to get rid off this problem, I've charged my Ipad for 10, for 20 minutes but no other reaction.And if I push both, the swichting on/off button and the home button , it's again the same.
:(It's really annoying 'cause I don't understand why this problem has happened. I hope I'll get answers soon.

How are you charging your iPad; are you using the iPad charger or are you trying to charge via a USB port?

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the original Ipad charger.

It's possible that the iPad became discharged by accident; I leave my Autolock to 'Never' and occasionally I've accidentally activated it without realising it and discharged. Leave it for a couple of hours and see if the problem is still there. If it is, then get back to us.

Tim

OP
M

Mia1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok :) I'll wait and see.. If the problem is not solved I'll be back.

OP
M

Mia1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After 3 hours charging the prblem is not solved :(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then it sounds like a faulty charger. If you live near to an Apple Store, I'd take the iPad and charger in and let them have a look at it. We've had a few reports recently from Members with faulty chargers, so it's not unheard of. If you don't live near an Apple Store the iPad will charge very slowly from the USB port of a computer so you could try that to see if it really is the charger - we've had reports of faulty cables too, so that's another possibility.

If you do try to charge it from the USB port you'll need to leave it for many hours to get a decent charge.

Tim

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you don't have an apple store close by, just go anywhere and see if you can beg a charge to test.

OP
M

Mia1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank youvery much to all of you :) I think going to an Apple Store is what I am going to do ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts