What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad crash with gmail/facebook/safari

boccaccio1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Am stumped. My iPad crashes when I type in Facebook or gmail. I have tried many gmail and Facebook apps (both free and paid) with same result. Is there a way to reset my iPad or re-instal the OS without wiping everything?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can do a complete power down - this usually fixes these problems. Press and hold the Power button until the slider control appears and accept the offer to switch off. The iPad will power down - takes about 10 seconds. Then press the Power button again and the iPad will power up - again, about 10 seconds. See if the problem persists. The iPad does a lot of 'cleaning up' during the power down - power up, so it fixes quite a lot of issues.

Tim

Boccaccio70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you. I was actually holding down the round button on the front, not the rocker button on the side. It did go thru the rotating gear/slider off/black screen-white apple sequence. I will report back to see if this clears up my issues. I appreciate your prompt reply
Mark

Most reactions