What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail in Safari problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anneUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I open Safari on my iPad2 and type in Gmail, I get a sign-in box with my husband's email address showing and 'enter password'. I click 'sign in as another user' but it then shows 'add account', presumably because he has Google+ set up. I don't want to add an account, I want to sign into my own account. I get the option to remove his account. Does that mean his gmail account would be closed/deleted? I definitely do not want to do that!
I do not use Google+ and do not want to sign up for that as I'm quite happy with the gmail account which I have.
(I suspect his name shows up as we used to share an iPad but he has his own now.)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Settings - Safari - Passwords & Autofill - Saved Passwords look for his login information and remove it. Tap the "Edit" at the top right, select the account and tap "Delete".

OP
anneUK

anneUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings - Safari - Passwords & Autofill - Saved Passwords look for his login information and remove it. Tap the "Edit" at the top right, select the account and tap "Delete".
Thanks but I don't have those checked to save any passwords, etc!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens when you clear History, Cookies and Data in Settings - Safari?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Anne. Although an attempt to assist you was made here, there was no feedback from you as to how your concerns may have been "sorted" (an answer to which may have been helpful to members). But it's good to see that your problem has been resolved. So we'll close this thread now. But post again, clearly spelling out the problem, if more help is required.
Regards, Andrew
........................... Thread Closed ....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts