What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad cracked the screen

ctron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On Sunday night I was using my Ipad while watching TV, I closed the cover and it slipped down the side of the sofa. I moved forward to lift up a cup of tea as I sat back I heard "crunch" somehow my Ipad had got crushed on the side of the sofa, the bit where the wooden frame is.

Anyway booked an appointment for the Apple store in Belfast today. I told them my story and they told me it would be £232 plus VAT for an exchange. I said I was unhappy at the performance of the cover as the cover was on and the damaged still happened, with what seemed to me to be minimal pressure.

The guy said "give me a few seconds" and then he said, "on this occasion we will exchange for free as a one off courtesy." five minutes later I was leaving the shop with a new Ipad!

I only recount this story here to help others. On Sunday night I was distraught and I googled the problem and found this website which alerted me to the fact an exchange was possible. I tell my experience to give others hope when they crack their screen, Apple will exchange if you are honest and are nice. As mine was being exchanged a girl arrived beside me and she got the same treatment.

So take it back to Apple and see

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great story. I'm glad you got it sorted for free. I've heard apple do alot of one off free screen replacements if you ask nicely lol

sent from iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts