What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 9th generation screen cracked, how can I wipe it without using touch screen?

ruttrowg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has a password to unlock, so how can I wipe it? The home button and side buttons work on this ipad 9th generation ?

Is there a way I can unlock it or unregister it on Apple, or iCloud without having access to touch area? The display and digitizer is cracked.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Login to www.icloud.com with your Apple/iCloud ID, on a computer or one of your other Apple devices.
Go to “Find iPhone”, select your device, choose “Erase iPad“ and follow the instructions.

OP
R

ruttrowg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. The ipad appears offline from internet. Is there another method? I have all my data in the cloud, so that is good, I hope I can wipe it cleanly.

Attachments

• ipad.png
    ipad.png
    332.6 KB · Views: 38

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
R

ruttrowg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The steps worked for doing restore. When it came back up, Itunes had me type in myuser and password. I can now see the ipad on itunes. THANK YOU!
Does that mean it is no longer tied to my account, or is there a way I can clear it?

Most reactions

Latest posts