What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad charging ......

Arindam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does charging and working side by side affect the battery life? Or is it better to put iPad on charge when not working. Need some suggestion.....

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i don't think its feasible just to put iPad on charge when youre not using it,you're going to need it charging at some point while you're using it,i don't know if it affects battery life but i honestly wouldn't worry about it,just enjoy using your iPad.

spydrev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find my ipad charges MUCH slower if I use it at the same time, but it does charge with no apparent ill effects. Make sure the charger is capable of providing 2.1amps.

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Battery life, I understand, is dictated by charging cycles. Batteries are limited in the number of times they can take a charge and discharge.

Using an battery-powered electronic device such as an iPad while it is being charged simply consumes energy that would otherwise be available to charging the battery. As such it is reducing the number of charge/discharge cycles. If the charger can provide enough power to meet the needs of use and have extra capacity, the battery will continue to charge, albeit at a lower rate than if the device were not being used. Given this, I would argue that charging an iPad while in use actually increases battery useful life because it is reducing the number of charge and discharge cycles than would be needed if one always operated on battery power alone. Regardless, the benefits, if any, are probably minimal.

Like the others, I say go forth and use while charging without worries. Just enjoy it!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Buckleigh said:
Q: If I turn off my IPad, does it charge? Should I just let it go into sleep mode?

All you have to do is plug it in and let it go to sleep.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't over complicate things. Charge it has needed...you can work on it while charging, but it charges faster if you are not working on it, for obvious reasons.

Most reactions