What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad charging problem

goprosurf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the new iPad, my iPad takes a long time charging, is this normal? It takes more than half of the day to reach 100%....any advice?

misenko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure it is normal to charge 12! hours to fully recharge. Most probably you're using adaptor from iPhone and not the one for iPad. IPad adaptor is 2A so if you are using only 1A adaptor it will take twice a time to recharge. Normal recharging time for iPad2 is around 5 - 6 hours.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
misenko said:
I'm not sure it is normal to charge 12! hours to fully recharge. Most probably you're using adaptor from iPhone and not the one for iPad. IPad adaptor is 2A so if you are using only 1A adaptor it will take twice a time to recharge. Normal recharging time for iPad2 is around 5 - 6 hours.

Remember the iPad3 battery is significantly larger than the 2. It does take a good deal longer to charge. Apple haven't changed the laws of physics, just the size of the battery by +70%.

misenko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Remember the iPad3 battery is significantly larger than the 2. It does take a good deal longer to charge. Apple haven't changed the laws of physics, just the size of the battery by +70%.

Ah! Sorry, I've missed he was talking about the new iPad (hate this name, it always confuses me with iPad 1). So if there is the same adaptor, then yes, it can take from 10 to 12 hours as the battery is almost twice of a capacity as the iPad 2 battery.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for reference and as a follow up, I just charged my iPad3 from flat using the official charger. Took approximately 8 hours to reach 100% with no usage during that time...

Given that the battery is actually 70% larger than the iPad2, that feels about right to me based on my iPad2 experiences.

Most reactions

Latest posts