What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow charge time

manic9803

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, is it just me or does the iPad 2 take an extremely long time to charge? I have am iPhone 4, it charges very quickly. The iPad, which I just bought 3 days ago, is taking hours to charge. Is this normal? Amy way to speed this up? Plugged into the wall charger, I read how slow they charge from your pc/Mac. Thanks

psiufoxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's true that compared to an iPhone the iPad takes a long time to charge, but think about the battery life. The iPad lasts for 10 hours with that big bright screen and dual core processor- it has a much higher capacity battery and takes proportionally more time to recharge.

OP
M

manic9803

iPF Noob
Reaction score
psiufoxx said:
Well, it's true that compared to an iPhone the iPad takes a long time to charge, but think about the battery life. The iPad lasts for 10 hours with that big bright screen and dual core processor- it has a much higher capacity battery and takes proportionally more time to recharge.

Good point, just making sure it wasn't an isolated issue. Thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Manic9803 - welcome to the forum! :)

Well, several hours or more is likely depending on the current level of your charge - of course, make sure that you use the wall charger that came w/ the iPad - this puts out 10 W of power (i.e. 5v x 2amps approximately) - lesser output chargers (e.g. iPod) and computer USB ports will not provide an acceptable charge rate (if any). If you need more reassurance, check out this DISCUSSION to see if your charge time approaches the comments made there - good luck!

OP
M

manic9803

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks giradman, appreciate the formation and links. Thanks for the warm welcome so far I'm impressed with the forums.

Most reactions