What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad-Centric Restaurant Opens Tuesday in Torrance, California

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
stacked_restaurant.JPG

Stacked: food well built restaurant in Torrance, California, which opens tomorrow, is one of the first restaurants in the world to have an ordering system based entirely around iPads. The Orange County Register reports that the restaurant has already held a “mock†lunch to test out the service, and according to one attendee, the ordering process worked very well, with the customer simply having to select the food or drink that they wanted to order from the iPad’s menu to have it arrive within minutes. Presumably they had to have an actual live human person to deliver the food to the table though; iPads are clever, but not that clever yet!

According to the OCR, Stacked: food well built was created by the same people behind BJ’s Restaurants, and offers up all-American food such as burgers, salads, pizzas and sausages. The restaurant is 6,300 square feet in size, and you can find it at the Del Amo Fashion Center, 3525 West Carson Street, Torrance. Other similar restaurants will be opening in San Diego and Cerritos.

Source: O.C.-based iPad eatery to open Tuesday | tuesday, based, food - The Orange County Register

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I do. But I need the name to find it, lol. Or the address to mapquest.

Hi, the restaurant's name is "Stacked: food well built". Hope you manage to find it, let us know if it's any good!

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After all this time I finally checked this place out today, and I'm glad I did! I had one of the best burgers ever, and I don't say that lightly. A little on the expensive side at just over $11 for a burger and coke - but what a burger! And of course, menus a'la iPad!

IMAG0036.jpg

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the multiple posts, but it appears I can't edit my own post for some reason? Anyway, here's the menu!

IMAG0037.jpg

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just like they do in one of the speciality restaurants on the Celebrity Eclipse :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-3774477718.png
    image-3774477718.png
    605.6 KB · Views: 590

Most reactions