What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

250 iPads being set up in Minneapolis International Airport restaurants

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problem using public wifi but I make it a point to never type in any passwords for anything such as online banking, though it could be worth asking them at the air port and checking what kind of security they would use.

Not only wouldn't I do any financial transaction on public wifi, I wouldn't do anything that requires account ini unless I'd set up an account not linked to anything else that I might care about. I wouldn't use Facebook on public networks, for instance, because I don't want to risk someone hijacking my contacts and spamming them. It can be a mess to clean up, even if it doesn't cost financially, and your info is exposed.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An example of the mess created when your Facebook account is hacked:

Donna Estes Antebi: Facebook: I've Been Hacked

There are various ways someone can get your account info, of course. Public wifi is just one of them. Phishing is big business because people are too trusting, for example. But the point is, your info is valuable to scammers, and it's not just financial info they're after.

Most reactions

Latest posts