What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys!!! im soooooo exited to receive my ipad :) which model of ipad are u guys gonna get?
i have got the wifi type but if i have more money i will get the 3G one...

well, to protect my new ipad i bought a case and it only cost me 5 pounds from the online shop. and they also do screen protector in mirror finish!!!!! what a cool idea!!! the whole ipad screen could be a mirror!!!!
they run out the mirror screen protector for now but i guess they will start to sell it again from next week. (coz i email and asked them!!!)

My iPad case and screen protector also came ahead of the iPad.

I will be posting my review of the following products with pictures in the next week or so.

Power Support Anti Glare Film
Speck CandyShell
Dodocase
Exo Sleeve

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use Coupon Code FBiPad10 for 10% off at Marware.com, Good thru the 27th of May.

Heraclitus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aligata Cases

@chiefgeek

I just got my Aligata case (Black Espresso) and found it a bit more of a mixed bag. Leather quality is nice and it certainly feels more substantial than the Apple Ipad case. However, there is a bit more give than I would like, i.e., the Ipad slides back and forth a bit too much for my tastes. When you hold the case in landscape mode it IS possible for the Ipad to slip out. (Aligata warned of this possibility in earlier marketing descriptions.) While native Ipad apps let you go both directions (left on bottom or right on bottom) when in landscape, many Iphone apps force landscape into a left-on-bottom position. When viewing videos from MSNBC and Al Jazeera you MUST watch in this left-landscape mode. I noticed immediately a tendency toward downward slippage. In these instances, you come to appreciate that reinforcing flap the Apple puts in their Ipad case.

Alcoholicaust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@chiefgeek

I just got my Aligata case (Black Espresso) and found it a bit more of a mixed bag. Leather quality is nice and it certainly feels more substantial than the Apple Ipad case. However, there is a bit more give than I would like, i.e., the Ipad slides back and forth a bit too much for my tastes. When you hold the case in landscape mode it IS possible for the Ipad to slip out. (Aligata warned of this possibility in earlier marketing descriptions.) While native Ipad apps let you go both directions (left on bottom or right on bottom) when in landscape, many Iphone apps force landscape into a left-on-bottom position. When viewing videos from MSNBC and Al Jazeera you MUST watch in this left-landscape mode. I noticed immediately a tendency toward downward slippage. In these instances, you come to appreciate that reinforcing flap the Apple puts in their Ipad case.

I had this problem with my Incase Convertible... I alleviated the issue by putting one of those clear skins on it. The tackiness of the skin holds my iPad in place in the case. Some liquid car wax on the screen protector gets rid of the tackiness on the screen.

rsavell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MarWare Eco-Vue

My MarWare Eco-Vue will arrive on Tuesday. I looked a ton of cases online, and I kept coming back to this one. A co-worker has the Apple branded case, it looks awesome, but I am not fond of the edges.

I hope I will be happy with this Eco-Vue.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to leave a review after using my Speck CandyShell in Batwing Black over the weekend.

The case is sturdy and very solid. It fits like a glove protecting the dock connector with a dock door. It's easy to remove it but some folks will find it annoying that they have to remove the dock door just because the iPad needs charging.

The CandyShell has a piano like finish and looks quite elegant. However, it's prone to scratch quite easily and it smudges in the back when you hold it many times for usage. I find wiping the back with a cloth everytime I use it.

Overall I like the Speck CandyShell for the iPad. What I really want is the Speck Fitted Case but it's not available. For now, the CandyShell will do to protect my iPad.

Screenshot2010-05-30at114632AM.png

rjames99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are folio type cases in the market that got a "Secure magnetic clip". Are there are any issues that you can see on having them side-by-side or near the iPad's LED display. I am aware magnet have bad effects on CRT but am not aware of with LED or LCD devices. Any thoughts, please?

Google Cynett Lavish Book-style case

jhugne - Any response on this?

Nigel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got my case from china.. does the job, saved a lot of money

xiutian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered this [ame=http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B003H4PZRO/ref=oss_product]Amazon.co.jp: Simplism iPad用フリップレザーケース TR-LCFLIPAD: 家電・カメラ[/ame]

Will try to post some photos when I get it =)

ozzie55000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the iPad Pro Case after seeing it on Amazon so this one gets my vote.
It can stand up so you can watch movies on ity and lay down so you can type on it too.
I also made a review so you guys can see it for yourselves.
Just type in iPad pro case into Youtube

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K0E6BG/ref=oss_product"]this one[/ame], $26.00 from Amazon, and couldn't be happier. Wife took it on a trip to Texas, from SF, and it was a bliss on the airplane.

Protects the ipad, looks good (not expensive looking, but good looking), lots of options to view it at an angle. I did drop my ipad while wearing it once, on concrete, absolutely no damage at all. You can even hang it over the headrests/front seat on an airplane. it definitely isn't one of those where the ipad can slip from it.
41l8BPaIEfL._SS400_.jpg

All in all, best value for the money you can get. My 64G 3G still looks brand new and safe. I leave it in the car, looks like an agenda or notebook, so double bonus.

Last edited:

TARDIS Tara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
wittylittleknitter.com
I've got the Apple case for my 3G and my DH has the Incase Convertable Book Jacket.

We're both very happy with our respective cases, although the DH wishes his had room for business cards.

Oh, and we've got Invisible Shields installed on just the screens. Love, love, love that product (once it's installed-- installing it is a bitch).

gameboy213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stock Apple case here.

Really like it and thought that I wouldn't at all.

Also ordered a Boog slip pouch that is backordered.

Most reactions