What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad cant connect to yahoo server

lauramacky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of a sudden after three months my yahoo mail can't be accessed. I noticed that I can still receive email from my gmail account. I tried rebooting but it's still happening. I also tried opening safari and going into yahoo there, but I couldn't. The weird thing is I can get yahoo email fine on my MacBook. Anyone else having this issue?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is almost certainly not the answer but, anyway, let's give it a whirl.....

The iPad, by default, auto-capitalises the first letter of the first word of what it perceives to be a new sentence. If your password is all lower-case, then it's possible the iPad is changing it to upper-case when you type it in.

Perhaps earlier you had the auto-capitalise option turned off in 'Settings' and so it wasn't an issue then.

OK - probably not the answer, but it gets the discussion under way....

Tim

lbabb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing with me... Suddenly I get the can't connect to the server... But I can from my mac book...got mail this morning , but not this afternoon.
My only other email address is my school email

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. We get many reports of Yahoo servers being glitchy and down. Today is just special enough that it got news coverage. ;)

Hopefully their new CEO will get them straightened out.

lbabb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So now what?? I just wait for yahoo to fix their problem?? I have never had problems in the 10years or so of yahoo use... iPad seems to frustrate me constantly

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad can only send to you what is available. Yahoo has been a constant source of misery to users for over a year now. If you need reliability, consider gmail. I've had it for years, with never a problem.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yahoo generally works well through it's webmail site. It's when you try to go through their other, mail client servers that things get unreliable.

I"m guessing the iPad uses different servers too. It would almost have to. Yahoo only offered a paid POP service until recently, but the iPad has acted like it was using Exchange or IMAP from the beginning. Apple obviously swung some kind of deal for the iPad. You can't get Yahoo Mail on a standard computer email client without a paid account, but the iPad account is still free.

lbabb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This morning it says it can't connect to the IPF server event before I slide to open it
But yet it seems to post

lbabb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you twerp poet but I don't understand most of what you said... All I know is how to sent and email .. KNow nothing about servers pop stmp etc ,I tried to sign in using yahoo website.. My password and name don't match even tho it's been the same for over 10years... And when I try to enter the password and hit done it won't connect to the server... So back to no password entered. There is an option to add more servers but I know nothing about that.

lbabb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I fixed it... I went back to my MacBook and signed out then back in... Yahoo asked me to change my password and I did... Went back to the iPad, accounts and changed it there too AND IT LET ME! ... Thanks for putting up with me... Clearly I have more I should learn about computer stuff. I try to spend some time each day here on this sight... It helps.. But I get sucked into solitaire ... Sad but true .. I bought a $500 solitaire machine

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it working.

My mom plays a lot of solitaire, me too now and then. We the Free Cell variation. The rest of the time we play Bejeweled. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts