What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad cannot restore

dangrousperson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Jailbroke my iPad (with spirit), but after a few days I wanted to restore it again.
After I restored it, iTunes told me it will be available in 8 or so seconds. After that time passed, my iPad told me to connect to iTunes. iTunes could find my iPad, but I could not do anything with it, see screenshot. I tried restoring from both DFU mode and Restore mode a couple of times, but had the same problem.
Please Help
I have:
a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8
iTunes 9.1.1
iPad 64 GB WiFi

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 440

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look for a Windows PC and try there. I had the same thing occasionally with iPhones and the only way to get it restored again, was using a PC......odd, but worked.

Seems to have something to do with the way Macs handle certain things. PC are more "brute force".

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kheldour said:
Look for a Windows PC and try there. I had the same thing occasionally with iPhones and the only way to get it restored again, was using a PC......odd, but worked.

Seems to have something to do with the way Macs handle certain things. PC are more "brute force".

That really does not make sense. I provide support for iPhones and have had no problem at all restoring even after multiple attemps and methods. All on Macs. Switching to pc 's never made it better or worse if it did not work it was replaced UW

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try another Mac. I don't understand why it wouldn't restore. I just spirited my iPad now you have me worried in case I need to genius support on it.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That really does not make sense. I provide support for iPhones and have had no problem at all restoring even after multiple attemps and methods. All on Macs. Switching to pc 's never made it better or worse if it did not work it was replaced UW

Just trust me on this one. I am hacking and unlocking iPhones since they are on the market.

Sometimes the Mac doesn't get it done. And then your only hope is a PC.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i won’t be rude, but hacking device can bring you more trouble than joice …. i have experienced that i my 3G finally i got a reason for exchange with my provider i pass the new one to my wife and work like a charm … i will not restart to that in my ‘’Precious’’ i know lot of good app’s in Cydia but too risky ..

i don’t want to always be worry about my device … just want he work

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i won’t be rude, but hacking device can bring you more trouble than joice … i will not restart to that in my ‘’Precious’’ i know lot of good app’s in Cydia but too risky ..

I agree, jailbreaking is always on your own risk and you should have good knowledge about what you want to do and achieve.

Sad enough, most users think, that reading good advices on the web is good enough to be an "expert". THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Jailbreak in my iPad

i won’t be rude, but hacking device can bring you more trouble than joice … i will not restart to that in my ‘’Precious’’ i know lot of good app’s in Cydia but too risky ..

I agree, jailbreaking is always on your own risk and you should have good knowledge about what you want to do and achieve.

Sad enough, most users think, that reading good advices on the web is good enough to be an "expert". THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!!

You are 100% right, even i have good computing level i can’t avoid some trouble in my two device i jailbreak so i have decide to stop and just enjoy to use my device as is it … i admit is also because for me is working tool and i can’t spend time to restore or solve problem … i just want they work well

OP
D

dangrousperson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Since I didn't have a PC around (pure apple houshold xD) I tried restoring with another MacBook.
It worked. (I'm writing this reply on my iPad xD)
Thanks everyone for the help

Last edited:

Farnomn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 3g 64gb reboot problem

Hello All,

this is my first time posting anything and the first problem i've encountered with any of my apple products.

I own an Ipad 3g 64gb and loaded cydia software on it. Some of the packages require you to reboot the ipad and it does so automatically. On this particular frustrating occasion the ipad began to reboot and the apple symbol came back on but it's stuck on that symbol.

I tried to do a soft and hard reset but the screen just goes dark and then the apple symbol reappears and gets stuck again.

I tried to connect the ipad with my computer and open itunes but there is no recognition of the ipad so I cannot restore.

Does anybody have any advice? I appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks in advance

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same advice, try from another Mac or PC. And follow closely the description how to put an iPad in recovery mode.

I have NEVER had a device, which didn't come up again. A jailbreak does NOT harm the hardware/firmware!!!

OP
D

dangrousperson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to put your iPad in DFU mode.
You do a hard reset until the screen goes black. Then you let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button, until your iPad shows the connect to iTunes screen. You then connect it to iTunes and restore. If it doesn't work, try it with a different Mac or PC.
Good Luck

Most reactions

Latest posts