What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem AFTER successful restore

Wrongway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 3-year old daughter finally figured out how to wreck my jailbroken 1st generation iPad. I had loads of problems restoring it but as usual help forums such as this one helped me. After installing the latest version of iTunes I got it into DFU mode and did the restore. That went smoothly enough, but iTunes told me to leave my iPad connected, that it would appear on my iTunes screen after it restarted. That didn't happen. The iPad restarted to the "iPad" screen. I kept waiting for something to happen in iTunes. After a while the word "iPad" appeared with the spinning thing next to it but eventually it stopped. After a while longer the iPad restarted. This time I opened it with the slide bar, chose a language, chose a country, allowed it to know my location, asked it to connect to iTunes. I got the connect to iTunes screen. In iTunes I got the word "iPad" with the spinning thing again. This eventually stopped and "iPad" disappeard. The physical iPad restarted. I've tried restoring a few times, but nothing changes. The iPad is content in its endless cycle of restarting, waiting for me to choose language, etc., and if I don't it eventually gives up and restarts. If I do it tries to connect to iTunes then gives up and restarts. Is this failure to restore happening because I was evil and jailbroke my iPad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wrongway said:
My 3-year old daughter finally figured out how to wreck my jailbroken 1st generation iPad. I had loads of problems restoring it but as usual help forums such as this one helped me. After installing the latest version of iTunes I got it into DFU mode and did the restore. That went smoothly enough, but iTunes told me to leave my iPad connected, that it would appear on my iTunes screen after it restarted. That didn't happen. The iPad restarted to the "iPad" screen. I kept waiting for something to happen in iTunes. After a while the word "iPad" appeared with the spinning thing next to it but eventually it stopped. After a while longer the iPad restarted. This time I opened it with the slide bar, chose a language, chose a country, allowed it to know my location, asked it to connect to iTunes. I got the connect to iTunes screen. In iTunes I got the word "iPad" with the spinning thing again. This eventually stopped and "iPad" disappeard. The physical iPad restarted. I've tried restoring a few times, but nothing changes. The iPad is content in its endless cycle of restarting, waiting for me to choose language, etc., and if I don't it eventually gives up and restarts. If I do it tries to connect to iTunes then gives up and restarts. Is this failure to restore happening because I was evil and jailbroke my iPad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you seen this tutorial? If you follow each step exactly, you will end up with a fully functioning iPad on iOS 5.1.1. You can then jailbreak it again.
http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Most reactions

Latest posts