What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad came in today, worth the wait

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Received the iPad today and couldn't be happier. Set up was a breeze, got straight into my router, e-mail and calendar synced in without a hitch and slowly getting used to the virtual keyboard. Believe it or not, think I will be able to work in the book on here without a problem. That is the main thing I had been hoping for. I hwve already gotten progressively faster in here over the day, and may still get the Bluetooth keyboard when I have a table or something available. Not high on the priority list at this point.

I am very impressed with the feel and quality at this point. Pages feels greets for continuing my writing on here and Keynote seems really good. The graphics are fantastic and movies look great. Even the internal speaker sounds good.

Even the initial battery charge is good. Been on it several hours with wif running constantly and just now hitting 51%. I would say that is going to work out great. Looks like my next project will be rooting my Droid Incredible to use it for my wifi hotspot. :D

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can touch type better than 60wpm, but I would never try to compose anything more challenging than a forum post or an email on the virtual keys. You're much more adept than I!

OP
J

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I can touch type better than 60wpm, but I would never try to compose anything more challenging than a forum post or an email on the virtual keys. You're much more adept than I!

I really think part of the reason I'm adapting better is that I used to be on a net book before this so honestly, this is easier. The keys are bigger and spaced nicely. Once you get past the strange feeling of hitting the glass and learning not to brush the keyboard, it gets a lot easier. Already liking how much easier it is to get into and out of working on the book. Most of the time inspirstion hits fast and can actually lose the urge to write waiting for the notebook computer to boot up. The instant on and of rocks,

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a hard time typing out long things with the software keyboard. The auto correct and the fact that the spacebar doesn't seem to register if I am typing too fast piss me off.

OP
J

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I have a hard time typing out long things with the software keyboard. The auto correct and the fact that the spacebar doesn't seem to register if I am typing too fast piss me off.

Yeah, I may turn off the auto correction. Debating that one now. Going to give myself about a week to figure out the best methods for myself.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JK,

You've been very active even BEFORE you have an iPad.

I bet you'll be spending a lot of sleepless nites from now......:D

Enjoy your new toy mate!

PS : Would suggest that you keep the autocorrect feature on. It learns and adapts to your lingo very fast!

Cheers!

Gabi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, I remember the day I got mine... a happy day :)

OP
J

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
JK,

You've been very active even BEFORE you have an iPad.

I bet you'll be spending a lot of sleepless nites from now......:D

Enjoy your new toy mate!

PS : Would suggest that you keep the autocorrect feature on. It learns and adapts to your lingo very fast!

Cheers!

I actually have noticed what you're saying about the autocorrect learning. I'll admit, it is getting better. Think I will leave it on and see how things go. Typing is getting progressively easier and my speed is picking up drastically.

Most reactions

Latest posts