What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad build cost estimate

OP
N

Ninja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Price cut? It depends upon the competition. :)

terry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, thats quite the markup. Usually electronics in a market like this sell a very small bit above cost or sometimes even below cost and rely on software and apps to make money.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's great markup for an initial release, so it gives them the ability to be flexible on the pricing.

terry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's great markup for an initial release, so it gives them the ability to be flexible on the pricing.
Your right. We as consumers should love getting rayped by corporate america. Especially in this economic climate. Frackin fanboys.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your right. We as consumers should love getting rayped by corporate america. Especially in this economic climate. Frackin fanboys.

Who is to judge what is an isn't a good price?

Most people think paying $100,000 for a car is ridiculous, I do not. Many people pay good money for gourmet food and designer clothes as well, doesn't mean they are being "rayped" as you so eloquently put it.

I think $499 is a great starting price for the iPad, I will gladly pay that much, because I think it's worth it. If the price drops later, great, but I won't feel any worse about paying $499.

Most reactions

Latest posts