What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad black screen

grilledcheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So recently I tried to update my iPad from 3.2.1 to 5.1.1 via iTunes. I left for awhile to let it all download, however, when I got back I found my iPad dead. When I held the power button, nothing happened; when I held the home button, nothing happened; when I tried to hard reset, nothing happened. My computer also can't recognize the device when I try to connect to iTunes.
It's not a problem with the battery since I had just fully charged it to 100 right before I tried to update. Even if there was a chance that the process drained all the power, I've had the iPad plugged into the wall for the past half hour. I'm still not getting anything from it.
The iPad was about a year or two old and jail broken. It was around 16 GB but it didn't have nearly 2 GB filled. I've considered this being a hardware problem, but I'm not completely sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts