What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Apple Death Screen

mmr777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everybody, I replaced my broken screen on my iPad2. While doing this the iPad accidentally turned on. Once I had the new screen on the device it wouldn't turn on. I search online and held the sleep/wake button with the home button and an apple showed up on the screen. I tried sinking it to my computer since I have icloud back from 11/14 but it will not recognize the device and ipad will not shut down. I read where I could hold down both buttons and the device would shut down but nothing seems to be working. Thanks for your help. Michelle

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
See if the device is recognizable in recovery mode. The problem may be that something went amiss when reassembling the device. You may want to check the interior again more minutely

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

OP
M

mmr777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for responding willerz2. I just took it back apart again and I disconnected the LCD and reconnected it to make sure it connected correctly and also the digitizer. I had it charging when I woke up this morning the apple was still on the screen when I came home the screen was black. I am wondering if the battery just died and if wasn't charging. I plugged my USB in my computer and tried to plug the ipad in and the computer didn't recognize it and the ipad will not turn on if I hold the home or sleep button. I might have finally killed the ipad.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A long shot, but it may be possible that it's a faulty screen (don't take my word for it). If you unplug the device and the device is still on, then the battery is still functional, but it might be a NAND error. You can try disconnecting the battery from the unit for a few hours, then reassemble it to eliminate a NAND issue. Before completely putting it back together (with adhesive), connect the display and plug the unit in to see if it works, if not, turn the unit off and you may have to do further fiddling (careful fiddling) around and check each component one by one. It's been a while since I've taken apart an iPad since I'm more of a software guy than a hardware guy. Hopefully another user/mod/admin can chime in with their experience as this is pretty much my limited knowledge unfortunately.

Most reactions