What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad battery not charging

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suddenly I'm not able to charge my iPad battery...at all! I've tried it plugged into outlets, and also through the keyboard/docking station...nothing! I'm now down to 17% power and very nervous! I've done a lot of Googling on this but most problems seem to talk about the USB charging...not much to be found on outlet charging problems.
Anyone have any suggestions?? I've tried it in sleep mode, while it's on, and when it's completely shut down...nothing!

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have tried it by the mains and USB I would take it to the apple store see what they say or where ever you bought the iPad from.

I can't think of what else to try sorry.

Hope you get it sorted.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Likely a faulty charger or cable. Try plugging in to the USB port as a final test
Take the iPad and power supply to apple store The will decide what to do with it

OP
bbmountain

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't an Apple store in VT...it's going to have to be Best Buy, which is an hour's drive away...grrrrr!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
If you happen to have an iPod or an iPhone try a different cable... And even the mains..... Otherwise take it back....

OP
bbmountain

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time for confession (sigh)...there was absolutely nothing wrong with the iPad (but there was a lot wrong with me!) Long story short: I have a Kindle DX which has the same type of USB cord & electrical plug attachment. Have you guessed already? I had put the Kindle plug onto the iPad cord!! It fit, but it's not compatible. I had forged ahead and done a restore and then a reinstallation of the OS. So...five hours later I saw the iPad plug sitting there...lesson learned!!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Time for confession (sigh)...there was absolutely nothing wrong with the iPad (but there was a lot wrong with me!) Long story short: I have a Kindle DX which has the same type of USB cord & electrical plug attachment. Have you guessed already? I had put the Kindle plug onto the iPad cord!! It fit, but it's not compatible. I had forged ahead and done a restore and then a reinstallation of the OS. So...five hours later I saw the iPad plug sitting there...lesson learned!!

Thank you. It always does me good to see that I am not the only major screw up.... :D

Over the years I have done many such things, and wasted countless hours trying to "fix" them.....

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

I have to admit I laughed when I read this. Not laughing at you because I've done the same. Glad you got it figured out before going back to Apple and before anything got damaged (other than your pride). LOL

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be worse. Imagine taking it to the store and having them point that out. I am getting to the point where all my chargers need to be labelled, so it is not uncommon.

Most reactions

Latest posts