What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad AppleCare+ Coverage Increased to 3 Years for Schools

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
algebra_survey.JPG

AppleInsider reports that Apple has changed its AppleCare+ for iPad policy to enable schools and other educational institutions to get three years worth of AppleCare+ for the same price ($99) as the regular two-year policy.

AppleInsider says that this new policy only applies to educational institutions and not to purchases made by individual students or faculty members for their own personal use.

AppleInsider notes that this move by Apple is motivated by the company’s desire to shore up its dominance in the educational tablet market, with the iPad currently having a 95% share of the US education tablet market.

“The focus in education is on penetration, is on getting more schools to buy, and my belief is the match has been lit,†said Apple CEO Tim Cook. “It’s very clear to the educators that have studied this that student achievement is higher with iPad in the classroom than without it. And so I’m confident we’ve got a really great start in education far beyond the US now.â€

Source: AppleInsider

Apple extends iPad AppleCare+ coverage to 3 years for educational institutions

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly this kind of pisses me off. They get that hundred dollar discount and now extra apple care. Almost makes me want to buy my next iPad through a school somehow. Why can't they do this for everyone?

Blah. :(

orion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly this kind of pisses me off. They get that hundred dollar discount and now extra apple care. Almost makes me want to buy my next iPad through a school somehow. Why can't they do this for everyone?

Blah. :(

Because students and their parents, by default, are poor and need every break they can get. Good job Apple!

orion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also schools are poor and they also need breaks. Apple is also using it to their advantage to get access to the schools. Win-win all sides.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's a very good thing Apple are doing here.....it helps the schools and our kids so anything extra they get is a bonus for the community at large. Although you would think it would encourage the schools to hang onto the iPads for 3 years before upgrading them.....or maybe that's the norm already.

I just wish we had Apple Care+ here also.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it's a very good thing Apple are doing here.....it helps the schools and our kids so anything extra they get is a bonus for the community at large. Although you would think it would encourage the schools to hang onto the iPads for 3 years before upgrading them.....or maybe that's the norm already.

I just wish we had Apple Care+ here also.

No AppleCare, Leelai??? How is that possible??

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No AppleCare, Leelai??? How is that possible?? Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk

We do have the basic Apple Care, just not the Apple Care Plus type where you can get up to 2 incidents of accidental damage coverage.

I just don't know why but it's not available for anyone in Australia. I would definitely get it if I could! :(

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We do have the basic Apple Care, just not the Apple Care Plus type where you can get up to 2 incidents of accidental damage coverage. I just don't know why but it's not available for anyone in Australia. I would definitely get it if I could! :(

It should be the same everywhere.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be the same everywhere. Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

I feel the same way and it's a peeve for me.....we also pay more for anything in the App Store and iTunes too which has nothing to do with exchange rates of our Dollar versus the US dollar......it's just the way it's always been!

And it's not just Apple who does this to us Aussies! :(

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I feel the same way and it's a peeve for me.....we also pay more for anything in the App Store and iTunes too which has nothing to do with exchange rates of our Dollar versus the US dollar......it's just the way it's always been! And it's not just Apple who does this to us Aussies! :(

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. If you ever visit the states, take your iPad and load up on apps while you are here. :)

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. If you ever visit the states, take your iPad and load up on apps while you are here. :) Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

Lol. Good idea......but I don't need to do that....I already have a US App Store account already!

I just need to stock up on US iTunes cards! But looks like we will be visiting the US later this year....one of our daughters has been accepted to work at Disneyworld, Florida for 6 months.....it's a University intern job. Just can't go that long without seeing her! ;)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also have a us iTunes account which can save money. We spend between 25 to 50 a month US dollars on movie rentals and music also purchased full series of Revenge.

Most reactions

Latest posts