What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad App Store dsiplay is messed up

Whitney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every now and then my App Store view is such that apps are listed vertically on the left side of my iPad and I can't figure out how to get back to the normal view. Help?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the rotation lock on? So your viewing the page the wrong way? Not sure if that's your problem tho since it would be that way for all programs.

OP
W

Whitney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. The messed up display rotates. I tried restarting the iPad and the problem is still there.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe someone else has a better idea but if you have already restarted your prolly down to trying a restore to see if that fixes it.

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish the appstore had better filtering. Filtering by language would be a good start. I really don't have much interest in seeing Arabic language apps.

And another thing that really galls me. When I'm browsing through the apps, if I click on one to look at it, when I go back, about half the time it takes me all the way back to the beginning of the list. Anyone else having this problem?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish the appstore had better filtering. Filtering by language would be a good start. I really don't have much interest in seeing Arabic language apps.

And another thing that really galls me. When I'm browsing through the apps, if I click on one to look at it, when I go back, about half the time it takes me all the way back to the beginning of the list. Anyone else having this problem?

Yup, that's the app store for you. Been that way for years......

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every now and then my App Store view is such that apps are listed vertically on the left side of my iPad and I can't figure out how to get back to the normal view. Help?

Since you can't erase the App Store app you can't redownload it for a reinstallation. That means you'd have to reformat the iPad so the app could install fresh. Best thing is to wait for OS4.2 when all the system is reinstalled anew. Won't be long now...

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish the appstore had better filtering. Filtering by language would be a good start. I really don't have much interest in seeing Arabic language apps.?

use the AppShopper app.
the latest update claims the new feature of filtering for language.

I prefer AppShopper for the additional information it gives anyway, like price history, and the ability to mark items for "my Wishlist", or my "I Own These" lists.

Simonkey75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipad-answers.com
Well, if it's not a orientation-lock issue, then, yep, sounds like a full restore is in order - or wait for the next hefty update which, as iVan says, is literally only days away.

On the filtering tip, I second AppShopper. Really useful, as the App Store is becoming almost completely unwieldy.

The "back to the start" thing in the App Store app on the iPad annoys me as well, I'm hoping that is one of the little things that 4.2 will sort out.

Most reactions

Latest posts