What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader

taconsolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this app? I need to create a vertical line and can't figure out how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got this app last week. Have no clue what you mean by vertical line. Are we talking about the same app? Goodreader that I have is a file transfer app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At the center of GoodReader's many features is an excellent PDF reader/annotation app.

To draw a vertical line.

Open the PDF. When you are working on the PDF will ask you if you want to make a new copy for annotations, or use the current one. Do whatever works best for you.

Tap in the center of the screen so that the menus appear. At right will be your annotation tools. Tap the straight line tool, about two thirds of the way down. This will open a Line tool at the top right. Select the color and other attributes you want.

Tap somewhere near where you want the line. Drag the end points on the line until it is where you want it. There is a subtle snapping action to the vertical and horizontal angles. When the line is where you want it, tap Done in the popup menu that follows it around.

If you need to change it, you can edit all the characteristics of the line by tapping on it and working through the popup menu.

OP
T

taconsolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
At the center of GoodReader's many features is an excellent PDF reader/annotation app.

To draw a vertical line.

Open the PDF. When you are working on the PDF will ask you if you want to make a new copy for annotations, or use the current one. Do whatever works best for you.

Tap in the center of the screen so that the menus appear. At right will be your annotation tools. Tap the straight line tool, about two thirds of the way down. This will open a Line tool at the top right. Select the color and other attributes you want.

Tap somewhere near where you want the line. Drag the end points on the line until it is where you want it. There is a subtle snapping action to the vertical and horizontal angles. When the line is where you want it, tap Done in the popup menu that follows it around.

If you need to change it, you can edit all the characteristics of the line by tapping on it and working through the popup menu.

Thanks for the info!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks TP for your clear and concise outline of annotating a PDF file in Goodreader - I have a LOT of PDFs in that app and have only done limited annotation - did give your suggestion a try and enjoyed - will now explore this versatile program more! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't use the feature all that often myself, but I like to know what I can do, so I sometimes fiddle around. I've been known to wander Hardware and Office supply stores for the same reason. Just so I know what's available.

Most reactions