What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad app for Dyslexics remote tutoring

DyslexicTutor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work with Dyslexic children to remediate and teach how to read and write. Most often this is done face to face. However, I could work with kids remotely if there was a way to hold a web meeting that would enable the remote attendee using their mouse to manipulate the screen of the iPad app. Is this possible in any way?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. There are not remote control app for the iPad. You can remote control a computer from an iPad, but not the other way around.

There are web meeting style apps that allow conversation while manipulating the same document or presentation. Even whiteboard style drawing apps. I'm not familiear with any of them, but a search of the App Store should show a few.

OP
D

DyslexicTutor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. There are not remote control app for the iPad. You can remote control a computer from an iPad, but not the other way around.

There are web meeting style apps that allow conversation while manipulating the same document or presentation. Even whiteboard style drawing apps. I'm not familiear with any of them, but a search of the App Store should show a few.

Thank you so much for the input. On this particular app, the student has to pick letter or color tiles and move around the screen as they build words or sound phrases. I was just hoping it would work. I do wonder though if a simulator/emulator would work. That way, I could use the desktop and a screen sharing program like zoom to allow remote control. Do you have any experience with this setup?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't think of any way of doing it that wouldn't be prohibitivly complex and awkward.

I'm not aware of any iPad simulators outside of X-Code, and you can only simulate your own software projects there.

Most reactions

Latest posts