What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Developing a flash-enabled remote-browser app

johndparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
The company I work for has a web application product that renders most of its content using a Flash plug-in in a web browser.

We are trying to make it compatible with the iPad. One of the avenues of investigation is to use a flash-enabled remote browser and stream the contents of it to an iPad app.

We envisage this would work in a similar way to the existing Puffin app (see app store) except all the software would be installed on a client's system.

I've got a rough idea on how it would work, but if anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful:

- An application installed on a Windows Server (written in .NET C#) that runs the web browser sessions
- This would communicate with multiple iPads sending them screenshots and receiving feedback from the iPad user.
- Maybe use VNC or RDP technologies.

Best regards,
John Parker

Most reactions