What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Remote App Issue With iPad 2

otis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used the Apple Remote app for some time with a iPod Touch. I carry it around the house and, using a Crestron system, distribute music throughout my house and pool area. Just got a iPad 2 and while the software is the same there are a few quirks with the iPad.

One, if the "Album" field is left blank, the Remote app will see the song and indicate its there (in the song count), but upon opening the folder, there appears to be no song there. This is remedied by labeling all Albums for which the field is left blank (I sorted by Sort Album and mass labeled all albums with a blank album field, "Unknown"). This fixed the problem. But still strange.

Again, this problem did not exist with the iPod Touch, but does with the iPad 2.

Secondly (and this one I cannot find the answer), in the iPod Touch, you can choose an artist, then albums and finally press All Songs on the top of the artist/album screen. All Songs arrays every song from that artist's multiple albums in alphabetical order. A big help in looking for a particular song versus searching album by album. I have a 40K song iTunes library, so the alphabetical listing is important. Why/how could All Songs appear on the iPod Touch and not on the iPad 2?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software 4 times. No change. If anyone is a heavy user of Remote or has some way to work around the lack of the alphabetical listing, please let me know.

Thank you.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I'm sorry you didn't receive a reply to your original question. It was quite specific and it might take a day or two for replies to 'emerge'!! I've got it logged, so I'll be back if you hear nothing soon.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts