What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad (and other mobile device) security issues

Buela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I teach basic networking technologies and administration at a community college, and I'm preparing to start teaching information security.

I'm looking for any and all information that I can gather on dealing with network/data security in the workplace, with regard to iPads and other mobile devices: Sample usage policies, case studies, configuration requirements, problems that you've encountered, guidelines for securing mobile devices, guidelines for securing your network and data for mobile device users, etc. I'll take links, your own stories, whatever you've got.

Thanks!

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our company uses a third-party app called MobileIron for our email security for allowing iOS and Android devices in the network.

RobertR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be sure to also discuss physical security of the device - a big problem with such a portable (and recognized) device as the iPad.
I have heard many reports of iPads "walking away" in hospital settings.
This is, of course, a huge security and privacy issue when these devices are used to access and save information on patients.

Apple_Jack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may be oversimplifying what you're looking for, but in any job I've had where employees use mobile devices for work, it starts with common sense. When I was issued an iPad, our IT manager walked me through wiping the memory from any past users, setting my own security lock, and installing software (Find my iPad) to track the physical location of the iPad if it was misplaced or stolen, and wipe it's memory remotely if need be. We worked with very sensitive client information - credit applications, bank account numbers, home address and family information, etc.

If you take proactive steps before anything could possibly happen, you'll be covered. If you wait until it's too late - it'll be too late. =)

Most reactions

Latest posts