What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popup Screen: Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network

OP
A

AkaCam9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just popup again. See how often it's happening.

OP
A

AkaCam9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Darn it's up again. Obviously it doesn't have to do with that function. It's really popping up frequently.

OP
A

AkaCam9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up again. Okay, there doesn't seem to be a set timing on it. It's just up a lot!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really puzzled - and why do we have this thread all to ourselves?? Is this a Verizon issue? (I have a GSM iPad).

I'm sure other (Verizon) iPad Members must have some take on this - come on, guys...please...I've run out of ideas - again...:(

Tim

OP
A

AkaCam9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine it having anything to do with Verizon, as I never formatted the iPaq with any Verizon info. I download everything I need before I leave home, so chose not to pay a subscription to Verizon. I chose an iPad Verizon version, as that is my cell phone carrier, thinking I might want to connect in the future. But again, remember I have my Setting/Cellular Data shut off.

It popped up again.

I sure hope someone out there has some idea. This is a weird one.

OP
A

AkaCam9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, you are so funny! I guess when you have a very difficult problem everyone runs for the rafters with a litany of "I'm glad it's not my problem!" Darn thing is still popping up.

You know maybe I have to turn the cellular function back on, even though it's not programmed. The main reason I have it disengaged is because I want to prevent this exact problem of the system using up it's battery looking for something it can't have.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, try turning your Location services off. A 3G iPad uses some assitance from cell towers to locate itself more quickly and accurately.

I'm in the iPad app, so I can't conviniently check back to see if Tim recommened a restart and/or reset. If not, give that a try as well.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
A

AkaCam9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well for pity sake, that was a bad idea. All it did was change the popup screen to, "Cellular Data Account You have not signed up for a plan. Would you like to set up a new account? If you don't you can do it later in setting". Well, I'm just at a lose here.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
AkaCam9 said:
Well for pity sake, that was a bad idea. All it did was change the popup screen to, "Cellular Data Account You have not signed up for a plan. Would you like to set up a new account? If you don't you can do it later in setting". Well, I'm just at a lose here.

Hm, try going into Settings > General > Reset and reset all network settings. You'll have to reconnect to all you wi-fi networks again, but hopefully that will be a minor inconvinience compaired to the popup.

OP
A

AkaCam9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Twerppoet, thanks for dropping in. I looked and already have my Location function on Off. That was another attempt to save on the battery, plus I like my privacy. BTW I've already tried rebooting numerous times before I started asking about the problem here.

OP
A

AkaCam9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Resetting the network setting isn't something I can do right now. It's a major headache. For some reason my router pitches a fit by refusing to allow a new connection with the iPad, and it takes a good bit of time to convince it to cooperate.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, that's all the ideas I have at the moment. If anything else occures to me I'll give a shout back.

BTW, if you've had your new iPad for less than 90 days you have free tech support from Apple. Might be worth a try if so.

OP
A

AkaCam9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, thanks again for your input. I don't remember when I bought it. I had the original iPad and upgraded to the iPad 2, so it seems like I've always had it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
AkaCam9 said:
Okay, thanks again for your input. I don't remember when I bought it. I had the original iPad and upgraded to the iPad 2, so it seems like I've always had it.

Heh, me too. Mine is certainly more than 90 days.

Somewhere in Apple's support pages there is a place to entere your iPad's serial number so you can see what warrenty/services you still have. It's under the self service options.

Most reactions

Latest posts