What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data question

Gensca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Feb I asked a question about data connection. I have a question about the response I received from Twerppoet: "You can also chose to leave the Cellular data turned off except when you need it, if you don't mind missing push notifications for email and such when you don't have Wifi." if I turn the cellular data off, will I still receive e-mails that I missed when the cellular data was off or when I don't have WIFI, when I turn it on or have WIFI?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe that the answer to this is "yes," but wait for confirmation from others.

Hollywood06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I would think also. I dont have my emails pushed to me. I only receive them when I click on mail app.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The answer is definitely yes! It's no different to turning your PC off at night then when you switch on again in the morning all the emails sent to you overnight arrive straight in your mailbox.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just to be redundantly redundant, yes, you'll still get your emails the next time you connect to the internet and open the Mail app. The mail is stored on the server and waiting for you. The notifications are separate, and in no way effect whether you get your email or not.

Christine74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. Is there a way to remove pass code on iPad with out deleting all the history n data? I went to the store and they said no. If some body can pls help me I would really appreciate all the help I can get.thank u.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. Is there a way to remove pass code on iPad with out deleting all the history n data? I went to the store and they said no. If some body can pls help me I would really appreciate all the help I can get.thank u.

If you know what the passcode is, yes. If not, then you are probably out of luck. After all, keeping someone else from nabbing your data is what having a passcode is about.

Christine74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I know that and I understand. I purchase the IPad for my 17yr son who Recently Pass away he is a very smart young men who's field with so much dreams. He put a pass code on his IPad and all we want is to see if we can find An answers or maybe not .but to have some thing we get close to him in a way. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my Kids. I'm not here to envade his privacy but ony to find answers. Thank u.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I really was not trying to judge. There are numerous good reasons for wanting to do this. I'm sad to hear that yours is so heartbreaking. But I don't know of any way myself. It is probably possible, but it would require a real hacker and they would probably have to tether the iPad to a computer. If there is any 'follow the instructions' way to break the passcode I have not heard of it.

If a moderator would move this to the hacking section, perhaps I can be proven wrong. Though I would think it would be better handled privately.

Christine74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank u. I'm sorry to if I made any body feel un comfortable in anyways. It's been hard on my Family, that's why I will not stop trying to find something or some who might be able to help. I'm a mother who's trying to find answers. My apology again.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an apple store near you, they may be able to unlock it if you take it in......or an email to apple may do the trick?

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are also companies and services that specialize in computer forensics and data recovery. I'm not familiar with any of the services, but if you did a Google Search and found a reputable company, they would be the most likely to know what is available and what it would cost.

Christine74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thaml u. I'll look into that right now. I really appreciate all the help and advice.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts