What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad air case

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just looked at mine and theres no mention of a magnetic feature, that is strange.

I just got the answer from them:

Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention. It would appear that our warehouse employees have added that sticker pre-maturely. If you didn’t bring that to my attention just now, then I wouldn’t not have checked any of the product. But no, the Maroo iPad Air cases do not have the smart magnet functionality. That sticker was supposed to be applied to one product under our CA brand, but the warehouse employees stickered everything Maroo too. So sorry about the confusion.

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got the answer from them:

Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention. It would appear that our warehouse employees have added that sticker pre-maturely. If you didn’t bring that to my attention just now, then I wouldn’t not have checked any of the product. But no, the Maroo iPad Air cases do not have the smart magnet functionality. That sticker was supposed to be applied to one product under our CA brand, but the warehouse employees stickered everything Maroo too. So sorry about the confusion.

Oh right, I'm fighting temptation to get the Purple one, I don't need two but its soooo nice.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh right, I'm fighting temptation to get the Purple one, I don't need two but its soooo nice.

Amazing, I had also considered the Purple one, but then opted for the Red.
Sometimes you have to give in to temptation when the benefit to one's happiness outweighs the cost

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just received the Maroo in brown. Very nice, although I do miss the edge clip that holds the cover closed - like the rooCase.

It does add a bit of weight to the Air, but it also provides something more substantial and less slippery to hold.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just received the Maroo in brown. Very nice, although I do miss the edge clip that holds the cover closed - like the rooCase. It does add a bit of weight to the Air, but it also provides something more substantial and less slippery to hold.

You can use one or both of the diagonal elastic straps on the inside if you want to keep the cover securely closed. Don't know whether that's the original purpose, but it works.

The other broad elastic is meant to slide your hand through when it's folded back, I think.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use one or both of the diagonal elastic straps on the inside if you want to keep the cover securely closed. Don't know whether that's the original purpose, but it works.

The other broad elastic is meant to slide your hand through when it's folded back, I think.

Correct on both counts Wildfire, That's what they are for, it took me a little while to work out the carrying strap, I don't use the stylus holder as I was concerned about the stylus rubbing on the edge of my Air, I just hook mine on to one of the little elastics that hold the case closed.

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just received the Maroo in brown. Very nice, although I do miss the edge clip that holds the cover closed - like the rooCase.

It does add a bit of weight to the Air, but it also provides something more substantial and less slippery to hold.
Well done on getting what's probably the nicest case there is for the Air, I don't mind about the little bit of extra weight, as you say it feels substantial.

budmonster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked out the Maroo cases and they are very good looking but they state that they do not have the auto off/on cover for now. Hopefully they will and I was also unable to finid weight on their page, maybe the Amazon page gives specs. Budmonster, not sure what you mean by "second mic"--maybe dock port??--but STM Grip 2 has accessiblity to all ports and buttons. I bought based on a friend who has the original Grip for her Mini and likes it. We've both been through a bunch of cases over the years and decided we wanted light, basic (no keyboards, etc), stable viewing and reasonable protection, Everyone has their own criteria but since the Air is so light, that was one thing that i wanted to maintain.

Lots of ipad Air cases being made available for the holidays so I don't think there will be any shortage of cases now. Just as always though, the majority of them in my area and probably most areas except the largest cities, will be by online shopping though so reviews of those people buy and like is still a good idea.

I mean microphone ports where you speak into for siri and other functions. There is one on the top of the iPad in the middle and one on the back.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Rocket Gold Star

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can some please recommend a good Air case for me? I first purchased a Griffin Survivor Case. I figured I'd get this one because my son uses my iPad and I don't need him to break it, he uses it a lot. This case does cover everything up but is just too bulky and makes really heavy for him to carry around. I just returned it and picked up a iPad Air Smart Case which is Apples most protective one, I'll use it until I can find a permanent one. I'm looking for something simliar to the Apple Smart Case but $50-60 bucks cheaper, $80 is insane. I'm just worried about the glass getting scratched, he plays with his Telepods. The Survivor Case had this flimsy plastic protector, but crap still got under it and sometimes you had press hard on the touch screen. Has anyone bought any of these cases off of Amazon, some are really cheap but have got great reviews:
- Fintie SmartShell Case $8.99
- Poetic Slimline Case $9.95
- MoKo Apple iPad Air Case $17.99

So any ideas for me would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here in the UK we have to pay over $30 for any of these, shows just how much we get ripped off here!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here in the UK we have to pay over $30 for any of these, shows just how much we get ripped off here!

The UK adds a bunch of taxes, so it's not you getting ripped off -- you're paying more to fund a stronger social safety net than we have in the US, for example. Those are choices that each society makes. But it's not like the manufacturers are marking up products and forcing Brits to pay more, which could be called a ripoff.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question for Americans: Where have you been finding your cases? I've looked online at the usual places, but there seem to be fewer options than with cases for previous iPad models.

Rocket Gold Star

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The UK adds a bunch of taxes, so it's not you getting ripped off -- you're paying more to fund a stronger social safety net than we have in the US, for example. Those are choices that each society makes. But it's not like the manufacturers are marking up products and forcing Brits to pay more, which could be called a ripoff.

With many of theses products being available in the US for reportedly something between $5 to $10 but in the UK something in the region of $30, then it is not just gov taxes that account for the 200% increase. Sadly it is profiteering by the manufactures/sellers.

Take a 32Gb iPad Air. US $499 UK $785 (£480). Yes there is 20% VAT in the UK and local taxes in the US to be added where applicable but that still does not make up the difference.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an entire box full of iPad cases....but this time...I just bought a single case from amazon...a brand known as Khomo...they make a tight-fitting case (for the mini) that has four panels on the front...this makes for a solid vertical stand when magnets are used. I think they have models for the Air too, but I didn't see one with four panels, just three. I've seen too many three-panel cases that don't make for stable stands in the movie watching position.

One thing about the Khomo case for iPad mini...it's really for the mini 1 because it does not have a hole for the second microphone on the back. I hope they back a case designed for the mini 2...it's only $15 and it provides protection against scratches and dings (not serious drop protection, but I don't want a super bulky case anyhow).

Here is a link to their website (so we can see what products they actually offer). I only see a 3-panel case for the Air...maybe they have solved the problem, but I would need convincing before I buy a 3-panel case.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts