What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad air case

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid i had to return my Apple Smart case to the store, the cover didn't sit flush and the stand collapsed several times so i'm back to the search again, any input will be welcome, I have seen a Jammy Lizard one i like on Amazon.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yesterday I received a Fintie SmartShell Case for Apple iPad Air. It cost $.01 plus $4.99 for delivery. (Amazon) It covers the whole iPad and has the smart cover to wake the iPad when it is opened.

Fit is fine. It just snaps in. Very light and looks fine. Plus for 5 bucks it's perfect for while I look around for the "perfect" case.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday I received a Fintie SmartShell Case for Apple iPad Air. It cost $.01 plus $4.99 for delivery. (Amazon) It covers the whole iPad and has the smart cover to wake the iPad when it is opened.

Fit is fine. It just snaps in. Very light and looks fine. Plus for 5 bucks it's perfect for while I look around for the "perfect" case.
It does look nice, i looked on Amazon UK, doesn't seem to be available here.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My favorite case for the iPad 3 was by Zenus. The case is great but had a problem and because I purchased from a reseller they refused to honor the guarantee. I actually purchased two of them. The first one had an issue with the covering developing a small hole that got bigger as time went by.

So I ordered another one and this one was fine for about a month when the stitching on the tab that kept the cover closed became frayed. Nothing touched that stitching to cause it to fray so I figured it was a bit of defective thread. Again Zenus would not honor the guarantee even though the case was under a month old.

But in fairness to Zenus if the case has no problems it is a great looking case that fits well and was just what I wanted.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks. i just need something to tide me over until i find something I really like. I'm using the old ipad one rubbery case LOL--just to keep it from slipping out of my hands and also to cover screen when I stick in my bag (I use a Rickshaw Ipad bag or stick it one of my camera bags with a slot for the ipad)

bwwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimt29,

What a great idea! I'm going to order one from Amazon. There it was listed for $1.99 + $4.99 shipping. I was planning on getting two cases for my iPad air--one light and one with a keyboard. This might be my light solution. I'm thinking the Kensington Folio Exact for the keyboard case.

Bruce

Pwilkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I got the same one on Amazon yesterday, too. My Air arrived just after. Perfect timing. I like this little case, very light and thin. It will be good when I need to carry it in my bag to jobs.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it does look really nice, everything is covered, there's no open sides, I had no problem choosing the colour as red is my fave colour :) Nice having the Apple logo on the back too.

How much does that set you back if you care to share.
Getting ready to buy the Air 128gb and wifi + cellular Verizon since they have a hotspot included.

My IPad 3rd gen 64gb wifi + cellular Verizon goes to my daughter.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am in the UK, it cost £65, pretty expensive, i had to return it though (see post 16) so if you go to buy one check it over first....You're going to love your Air though :)

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am in the UK, it cost £65, pretty expensive, i had to return it though (see post 16) so if you go to buy one check it over first....You're going to love your Air though :)

Thanks for the info.
I did see your post after I sent my message. £65 is probably around $100 here in the land that can't switch to the metric system...
I was in Reading for 3 months a long time ago and gave up my struggle driving on the right side. But then there was enough public transportation to move around...another thing we don't have where it's needed.
Loved my Best Bitter with a Plowman's Lunch. The older one gets, the more memories one has.

Back to the subject, I'll keep reading on this Forum for the "perfect" case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I did see your post after I sent my message. £65 is probably around $100 here in the land that can't switch to the metric system...
I was in Reading for 3 months a long time ago and gave up my struggle driving on the right side. But then there was enough public transportation to move around...another thing we don't have where it's needed.
Loved my Best Bitter with a Plowman's Lunch. The older one gets, the more memories one has.

Back to the subject, I'll keep reading on this Forum for the "perfect" case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes keep looking, I'm not sure there is a perfect case, i ordered one from Amazon today, the Mofred in black, I'll let everyone know what it's like.

ianmedium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my 128G Air this week, decided to spend the extra money on space initially rather than get the case as I am gentle with my gear. Having said that a quick search on eBay found me a clear hard shell case back for less that five bucks and free shipping so I thought it would tide me over until the dust has settled and more cases are available and the existing cases get their inevitable discounts! My 1st Gen iPad lasted three years with just a clear case back and is now going on to more life as I gave it to a friend so I know I should be fine.

Also, I love retaining the slim profile which makes the OEM case even more attractive, it is just that here in Canada it cost just under $100 with tax!

Hope its OK to post a link, This is what I got, it looks like a Speck case back to be honest but way cheaper!

Crystal Clear Hard PC Plastic Back Case Cover Slim Shell FOR Apple Ipad 5 AIR | eBay

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems to be available in the UK only.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
Oh right, there are some nice ones but they'r not available until later in the month so i might get another one if theres something tempting.

Most reactions